• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1a SOCOM -&- Sadlak --- with LPVO

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
I intend to put the aluminum Sadlak mount on my M1a SOCOM --- And then install a Leupold Vx3HD 1.5-5x20 --- Both are rather light, which is why I chose them.

For those with experience, do you think I will have any eye-relief issues with this set-up?

I noticed the Sadlak sits a bit forward --- Wondering if the scope will be too far forward?

Thanks

-------------------

NOTE: I previously intended to put a "scout" scope on my SOCOM --- I am glad I posted here and allowed you all to talk me out of it.

Last edited:
You will never know until you install the mount. The Sadlak are one of the best, post a picture, I have an ARMS low mount on mine and use a 1.5-6 Meopta. Kind of hard to tell since you don't have pics or the setup mounted??

I would pose that question to some of the experts.
This would be the first one to ask:
Jon Wolfe
Columbus, NC

Tel 828-335-6700

tempImagevgDNev.jpg

I have the sadlak steel mount and it attaches the same as the aluminum . I think you will have plenty of room adjust for eye relief . I forgot to mention if you have your irons zeroed count the number of clicks down to bottom and record that number so if you have to remove your optic you can still use your rear sight with the mount it's self still on the rifle and also pay attention to the direction you have to remove the stripper clip guide .tempImagevgDNev.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 7949879
I have the sadlak steel mount and it attaches the same as the aluminum . I think you will have plenty of room adjust for eye relief . I forgot to mention if you have your irons zeroed count the number of clicks down to bottom and record that number so if you have to remove your optic you can still use your rear sight with the mount it's self still on the rifle and also pay attention to the direction you have to remove the stripper clip guide .View attachment 7949879
What check rest is that? Is it mod to factory stock? Which direction do you remove the stripper guide?

The SOCOM is a close quarters battle rifle... I've put a Trijicon 42mm reflex to shoot with both eyes open... the 400 yard 8" steel plate doesn't like me....
texashaag

What check rest is that? Is it mod to factory stock? Which direction do you remove the stripper guide?
The cheek rest is a karsten and yes I installed it on the factory polymer stock . You remove the stripper clip guide from the inside out .

How to use one of these. It's not exactly like, not exactly no gunsmithing, and not exactly cheap. But it is rock solid. AMS Machine