• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms M1A super match

Mike173

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2014
Springfield Armory M1A Super Match. Heavy Walnut stock. EDIT-(single/rear lug)receiver for added rigidity. Glass bedded receiver. 22” Douglas Premium Gauge barrel in 308 Winchester. Less than 200 rounds through it.

Includes factory sight covers, 10 round magazine and disassembly tool.

$3k

IMG_4679.jpeg
IMG_0140.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this a double lug or just a single? I very well could be wrong but I am not aware of Springfield ever offering a super match (or any M1A) with a double lug receiver…

Either way killer rifle at a very good price!

It is a double lug. Thank you for asking!

I’m going to verify this later today. I was told it’s a double lug and glass bed when I purchased it. I should have checked this first.

M-21-25 were double lugged…….
I am almost positive they were not a double lug action, just a single rear lug. Some people confuse a single lug M1A action from a double lug by thinking the locking lugs for the trigger group (what holds the action in the stock) is a lug. It is not. A true double lug action has the Supermatch (M21 & M25 Whitefeather) rear lug plus a lug at the front of the action that is welded on at an angle.

I do not mean to derail or take anything away from this amazing rifle that is for sale at an excellent price. Nor do I mean to tell the seller his business, but I have seen this specific aspect of M1A rifles get messed up more times than not. Pull the action out and if it is a stock Springfield Supermatch it will have the mid locking lugs for the trigger and a large square lug at the rear of the action. If there is an angled lug at the front of the action under the barrel threads then it is a double lug.

Again I may be wrong, but I don’t think so…

Best of luck with the sale! These Supermatch rifles are all shooters, I have yet to see one that didn’t hammer.

I’m going to verify this later today. I was told it’s a double lug and glass bed when I purchased it. I should have checked this first.
I am interested if it is a double lug! But yes, these are all glass bedded from the factory.

The amount of knowledge I’m getting just from trying to sell things very helpful and interesting.

I really cannot tell and I don’t want to sell as a double lug if it isn’t. There is a lot of bedding material up front as well.

Thank you for any information you guys have!
IMG_8111.jpeg

The pillar bedded double lug was done so that the trigger group could be removed if it needed to be worked on, without disturbing
the point of impact during competition. a rifle that was just glass bedded would take a few rounds to seat back in.
The bolts were able to be removed and replaced without taking the rifle loose from the stock.

If it was a double lugged rifle the front screw would be seen in the mag well, the rifle pictured is a single (rear) lugged receiver. SAI never made a double lugged receiver.

Reactions: Mike173