• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M1A & Suppressors????

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
I'm not into suppressors, but I wonder if there would be a market for a slplined suppressor attachment, milled like the flash suppressor splines on a M1A, where as, intead of threading the barrel, you could use splines and a lock nut like the existing flash suppressor.

OR, would it work?????

Any thoughts????

Re: M1A & Suppressors????

The M14 is my all time favorite rifle.

Suppressed it's not so much fun though. Bolt on top, lots-o-gas comes back into the shooters face.

You can always turn the gas off, but what fun is that.

There are a couple different set-ups for the M14 right now as it is. AWC used to (they might still, I don't know) have a pretty neat thread on unit that had some work done to the spindle valve for gas. Since then some of the QD stuff has come out. Probably most popular is the SEI mount and suppressor. IIRC those suppressors were being made by Fisher. I also believe Surefire has a mount out specifically for the M14 barrel and their 30-caliber can. There's probably others out there, but I'm not really up too speed with all this any more.

The M14 is and old design and I think it's a niche market that's already flooded. Maybe just me, but it's not something I'd pursue. YMMV