• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A value

C.Hazelton

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2008
Minnesota
Realistically what would a SA M1A NM walnut stock with stainless barrel be worth? People can ask what they want on the auction sites, but most have 0 bids. I'm sure some of you guys would have a real world idea. Thanks

Re: M1A value

I would think around $2,300 maybe?

For a new NM with SS barrel I paid 2,090. If its a rarely used one should be able to get at least 1700-1800. Being that you really cant find one brand new and if you do they usually want an arm and leg for them. This is what I have found in the Augusta GA area.

$2000-$2300 is about right for a new one. Any more than that and you might as well look for a Supermatch.

Really, $2 grand - anyone that said that gonna write him a check? If you do, I'll sell you a second one.

The value is the sum of all things.

Who's parts? USGI? or Springer? What condition is the bedding in, what condition is the stock in? Any mags? Who's mags? Any modifications - done by whom? How many rounds? How well does it shoot - can you provide photo documentation of the condition of the weapon and how well it shoots?

In general for used guns expect somewhere around 70% of new, in this market I would expect even less.

I highly doubt if you wanted to turn it in a 30 day period you would get anywhere near $2,000

Good luck

The rifle you listed is $1911 shipped the plastic stock model is $1465 from buds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle you listed is $1911 shipped the plastic stock model is $1465 from buds </div></div>

He's right. I just got off their site. $1911 shipped if you pay cash. Sounds good to me.

If it were mine I'd put it up for 1800 and then take offers. Realistically I'd expect 1500-1700. I've seen several NM rifles go in that price range over the past year.

Also if you have lots of extras I'd keep those/sell them separately unless they are what you need to make the sale.

The plastic stock model is not a National Match, its a "loaded" model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really, $2 grand - anyone that said that gonna write him a check? If you do, I'll sell you a second one.

The value is the sum of all things.

Who's parts? USGI? or Springer? What condition is the bedding in, what condition is the stock in? Any mags? Who's mags? Any modifications - done by whom? How many rounds? How well does it shoot - can you provide photo documentation of the condition of the weapon and how well it shoots?

In general for used guns expect somewhere around 70% of new, in this market I would expect even less.

I highly doubt if you wanted to turn it in a 30 day period you would get anywhere near $2,000

Good luck </div></div>

+1

The GI parts in the gun dictate the pricing for the most part.

7th rifle down IS listed as a NM rifle #MA9229,buds might have something mixed up just sayin

I see that, but it is not a NM. I thought the same thing a couple weeks ago and called Springfield Armory about it. The lady told me it was a loaded model that has since been discontinued. It no longer on the Springfielf Armory website. The two National Match models are the 9102 and the 9802, both with walnut stocks.

Gi parts only mean something to anyone that is looking for them. In reality that is very few people over all. No one actually pays more for one with or without GI. It is a NM bottomline. On the low end of new $1800 is about where they are listed at.