• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1C / MC-52 scope

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
finally pick up a M1C (MC-52), been looking at them since i was a kid looking in my fathers books

like most things of that era, especially marine corps the build was a mash-up of available parts they made work

they did wind up using 2-3 versions (depending on what books you cite) of the same civilian scope

originally they used the Kollmorgan sniper scope MC1 M1952 which was really a Bear cub with non-capped/ target turrets and some markings

sometime during procurement, the target turrets vanished and regular coin slot scopes were used

originally raised turret MC1 scopes are like finding bigfoot, and if you do find them once every 4-5 years they are already sold for 4-5K.

i have the period correct scope but of course, im always looking, like we all do

although both used;

top scope while correct is not the original solicitation...bottom scope has target turrets

long story short, does anyone know of a reproduction company that specializes in old obscure optics

ussnip10-104-jpg.533815

finally pick up a M1C (MC-52), been looking at them since i was a kid looking in my fathers books

like most things of that era, especially marine corps the build was a mash-up of available parts they made work

they did wind up using 2-3 versions (depending on what books you cite) of the same civilian scope

originally they used the Kollmorgan sniper scope MC1 M1952 which was really a Bear cub with non-capped/ target turrets and some markings

sometime during procurement, the target turrets vanished and regular coin slot scopes were used

originally raised turret MC1 scopes are like finding bigfoot, and if you do find them once every 4-5 years they are already sold for 4-5K.

i have the period correct scope but of course, im always looking, like we all do

although both used;

top scope while correct is not the original solicitation...bottom scope has target turrets

long story short, does anyone know of a reproduction company that specializes in old obscure optics

ussnip10-104-jpg.533815

Based on the finish, it looks like your scope with the raised adjustment knobs was the second type scope from the second purchase. Which mount do you have?

Here is a link to a post I made about 10 years ago that shows pictures of the first type and second type MC-1 scopes and mounts:

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=109995

Based on the finish, it looks like your scope with the raised adjustment knobs was the second type scope from the second purchase. Which mount do you have?

Here is a link to a post I made about 10 years ago that shows pictures of the first type and second type MC-1 scopes and mounts:

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=109995
From your pic it’s the mount back and right. Rounded “flippers”

The second type with the FSN number and rounded levers. Nice.

Reactions: brianf