• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1D auction

Rookie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2004
D/FW

I assume everyone in Vintage is watching this CMP auction on an M1D with M84 scope. Out of my reach at $7k but dang would be nice.

they come around now and then on private market cheaper.............Just saw one the other day , dont remember the exact price

Reactions: Miller Tyme
cmp auction prices are not real world selling prices, never have been

Reactions: Skunk
they come around now and then on private market cheaper.............Just saw one the other day , dont remember the exact price
Yes sir, one of my biggest regrets was passing on a lottery D with all components still in the arsenal wrap for 4k about 5 years ago.

There is really nothing special about it either. I have no clue why someone paid that much for it.

I know CMP auctions can go crazy at times, but this is nuts.

@ 8k all I can do is

you could go to F. W. Woolworth Company
and get one for 75 dollars just a few years ago well 50 short years ago

• Haha
Reactions: Foul Mike
There is really nothing special about it either. I have no clue why someone paid that much for it.

I know CMP auctions can go crazy at times, but this is nuts.
Gunbroker and Rock Island are the same. I have been trying to find a replica 1903A4, or an A1 with Unertl blocks, and the prices have been well beyond anything that makes sense to me.

It's at the point where I'm thinking I should be looking for a Pre War Model 70 instead.

Reactions: cplnorton
People pay for CMP certificates. This prevents them from having to study history.

Reactions: cplnorton