• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M2008

tacticalrifleman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2009
southern ohio
Hey fellas I have a question on the M2008, after reading posts here I looked at badgers website. It appears that it comes in one length? I am seeing builds here in .260, .308, etc. so I am assuming it is short action length? The bolt pattern the same as remington short action, and the remington pattern AICS can be milled out for it?

I really had no intention of building one until I actually seen one at Predator Custom Shop in tenn. I am seriously considering it now and was wanting to hear from the people that know. I already have a couple of custom remingtons they built for me, and am looking for something a little different, and don't mind the weight. Thanks for your time, and by the way I did read quite a few threads on this and am asking these questions to be clear on this.

Re: M2008

They have 4 actions available, here is the list with current pricing.

100-01 M2008 Standard short action, 980.00
100-02 M2008 Magnum short action, 1050.00
100-03 M2008 Magnum Long action, 1185.00
100-04 M2008 Lapua Magnum Long action, 1185.00

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have 4 actions available, here is the list with current pricing.

100-01 M2008 Standard short action, 980.00
100-02 M2008 Magnum short action, 1050.00
100-03 M2008 Magnum Long action, 1185.00
100-04 M2008 Lapua Magnum Long action, 1185.00

Kirk R </div></div>

Kirk is absolutely correct.

100-01 is for short action builds 223, 243, 260, 308, 270, etc. Any short action caliber.

100-02 is for WSM catridges like 300wsm 325wsm etc.

100-03 is for 7mm mag, 300 win mag, etc

100-04 is for the 338 lapua mag with lapua bolt face

Thanks Kirk, and TDH, that's very helpful! Do you have any idea on the stock milling? I'm going to call Predator and ask them but was trying to get an idea before then.

The M2008 action is a flat bottom action with 2 integral recoil lugs. Any stock can be milled to fit the action, it is nothing like a Remington style round action. Here is a pic of the AW, the M2008 is very similar, other than the dual recoil lug.

Picture003.jpg

Kirk R

Thanks again Kirk, I had noticed the bottom was flat and the two recoil lugs, and thanks RADcustom for the thread on the stock. I had seen that and thats where I got the idea they could mill out others. I currently have a spare 2.0 and thought it would be cheaper to mill it out than buy another.

I'm looking at what I have to sell to come up with enough for the reciever, trigger, barrel, and labor to see what I could do. Right now I have the spare stock and scope and am icthin to do a M2008, so I'll see how it shakes out. Thanks for the help guys, this is always the first stop when I am researching rifle stuff.

Not to hyjake your thread but would anybody have the weight on the Standard Short action. I cant seem to find it on their website

Thanks
Nathan

I was looking at that rifle TDH, and have to confess that was a factor in me starting to research the build. That is definately a bad ass rifle. Have you shot it yet? If you don't mind me asking how much did Marty charge to rework your stock for the M2008?

I dont want to thread jack or anything but i have seen some custom builds using the M2008 action with an Accuracy International AW stock or maybe an AICS with AW skins, how does that work out? I am just wondering because of the cutout for the bolt handle and I like the look of that and you would have to shave off stuff for both of them anyway. Can you get the AW skins to work on a AICS or can you buy a straight AW stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MacBud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you get the AW skins to work on a AICS or can you buy a straight AW stock? </div></div>

They dont sell the AI AW chassis, its proprietary for the AW. The AW/AE skins fit the AICS chassis thou. The AICS skins are modified AW/AE skins from what I have heard, that would solve the bolt cutout issue.

Kirk R