• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M21 scope test results.

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Please refer to the below thread to understand what scope I talking about.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-vintage-sniper-rifles/260411-m21-scope.html

I went to the range today with 10/22 rifle/M21 scope combination. I am very excited to report that preliminary tests are favorable. The scope was easily enough zeroed. The scope maintained zero throughout the shooting session. There were no apparent failures in either the scope or mounts. The only disappointment was, as expected, the BDC reticle proved to be of no use at any range. Based on what I observed, it is fairly apparent to me that the line spacing will be of no use on any rifle I plan to use this on. The graduations in the reticle are too extreme. The next rifle that this scope is destined for is a .222 Remington. Unfortunately, that rifle is a fair ways down the line for me. After that it will be placed on a heavy barrel .30-06. If it appears that it will stand up to the recoil, it will be mounted on a Creedmoor Sports 1903A4. This experiment will hopefully continue within the next two years. Thank you for looking and feel free to chime in with any input you may have.