• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24 Cheek Weld

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Guys that have used/trained with/own an M24 rifle, are you able to get a comfortable cheek weld with the standard stock and low rings or are do you find that you have to add a cheek pad of some kind?

Looking to build on an HS stock and they offer the standard stock and one with an adjustable cheekpiece but I would prefer to keep it looking as close to original as possible.

Ive seen a few guns without the INOD Block 2 McCann MARS rail and I think guys got pretty close to not needing a cheekpiece. The obscene puss pad taping came from the high McCann rail. But I would opt for the adjustable HS stock every day of the week

It's been 20 years since I have shot that rifle and everything I've owned over the years has had an adjustable cheek so you get used to something and forget what it's like to not have it.

With the PVS 10 it was more manageble without. With a leupy a Stock pad with foam mat/puss pad underneath was best Depends on how you position your face. Chin vs high cheek I suppose

Puss pad and or green sock with greeen 100 mph tape. Was the move back in the day as mentioned above.

Attachments

• 6504C1C9-F613-49BE-AA45-29542B07E116.jpeg
    6504C1C9-F613-49BE-AA45-29542B07E116.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: nick338
Looks like the original rings were .840 in height and the lowest I can get for 36mm are .940 so it looks like the adjustable stock is the way to go.

It’s post like this that get you all the mom votes. May your reign of terror last.
I was literally a us army sniper and used an m24 for years with puss pad and 100mph tape. It's not designed for mom votes, it's what we used, and it worked great. You want authentic, that's what we did.

Reactions: apache64pilot
Yeah if I had one now, I'd throw a eagle stock pack or similar on it. I didn't know about that in 08'. What ever the bravo4 guys from 1-23 and 1-14 said was gospel to us. We were just Arty guys lucky enough to get a MTT for 2 weeks of class and field training.

I vote if you have the m24 stock or similar to put a https://www.google.com/amp/s/eagleindustries.com/amp/shooters-rifle-stock-pad/

On it.

Reactions: Huskydriver
The factory HS cheekriser sucks balls. There's nothing to lock in place. You put a rear bag or your hand under the heel of the stock in a hurry and it turns the adjustment dial. You have to put something under the riser to set the height and tape it (and the dial) in place almost as much a puss pad.