• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24-Rebuild anyone recieve one ?

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Was wondering if anybody that put in to purchase a M-24R has recieved one? If so how did it look and shoot?

Re: M24-Rebuild anyone recieve one ?

I recently put in an order for one. When I contacted them with a few questions I had before I ordered I was told the orders have all been processed from Category 1 and they are in the process of manufacturing them as of now.

I was also told production is moving slowly right now as they get the exact process worked out and was told it would be a few months for sure before I received my order. I was told 6 months by the rep I spoke with, but the info available in the .pdf on Remington's site says 2 months (but the date on the .pdf is from back in March), so take that for what it's worth I guess... anywhere from 2-6 months. I wouldn't expect any to start arriving to their new owners for at least a month or two, but that's purely an estimation on my part.

I'll be sure to post whatever info. I can when mine arrives for anyone interested though.

I placed an order for one but have not heard any follow-up from them... Hopefully my order was accepted and I receive one, I've got time!

I am cat 1 and talked to Remington earlier today that it would be another 6 weeks at least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scout425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am cat 1 and talked to Remington earlier today that it would be another 6 weeks at least.</div></div>

Same here though the guy I talked to said closer to Thanksgiving.

This has been an ongoing thing with me for awhile. I placed an order 4 months ago as a CAT 1 purchaser. Inever got an acknowledgment so I sent a few e-mails, never a reply.

I have called customer service and 1 of 2 things always happens, if I call the regular CS they send me to a voicemail, and if I call the MIL/LE CS I usually talk to a guy named Andrew who tells me some different wierd shit everytime. Anything from "The people that are going through the packets are out traveling the world" (A few weeks ago), to "We are processing the thousands of packets and it takes time" (Yesterday). I asked him if they were actually shipping rifles yet and he said he wasn't sure. There is no other way to contact anyone, there isn't a number or any way to get someone that knows anything. Very frustrating.

I asked if he could maybe relay whenever the packet checkers get back from traveling the world if they could either, update the website to let everyone know what is going on, or send out a mass e-mail updating everyone. I don't mind a wait if I know what is going on and I have the ability to know what my status is.

I am glad Remington is doing this. I want the rifle as I have spent alot of time behind one and am emotionally attached to the M-24, but I have never seen customer service this bad......ever. And at $3500 plus shipping I don't think a simple acknowledgment of receipt or an e-mail reply is too much to ask for. I ordered some arrow parts from an Archery dealer a few days ago, they cost $2.99, I received an e-mail from the dealer later that day saying he was out of stock but would have some in a few days and would send them out, he then sent an e-mail saying that he got some in and shipped them to me, that is service.

I figure I would give them another month or so to reply or update me but I may take the money I had saved up for this and start a new project, I was thinking of putting together a LR System only using companies that give Mil discounts or support something like Wounded Warrior Project.

Again, it just pisses me off that Remington offers this deal to Snipers and then treats them like second class citezens. EPIC FAIL.

Not saying this is what it is...but....it almost sounds like Remington is seeing how many "Cat 1" orders they get before actually going ahead with this project. Meaning, if they only get 50 - 100 or so (just an arbitrary number), they may feel it's not worth the expense/effort to do this, and since they've either not taken any money, or little in the way of deposits which they can refund, they just cancel the project, and move on. OTOH, if they have enough, or close to enough orders, then they may move on to 'phase 2' of the project, and actually begin reconditioning these rifles. In either case, as one poster above put it, the customer service here has been terrible. Sadly, this seems to be the norm in the firearms industry - poor customer service. The only good I've had recently has been dealing with James River Armory in ordering a specialized 1903a4. They were First Class to deal with when ordering, and hopefully I'll have my rifle next week and can post some pics and perhaps even a short review.

I feel your pain, really I do. I kinda agree with the above. It may be that Remington is waiting to see how many Cat 1s they get. Who knows, they may sell out with the Cat 1s. I don't see that happening but this is theoretical. They're only going to do about 2000 of them. I also agree with the above that many company's customer service really sucks these days but if you can hold on until your weapon arrives, I'm almost certain it will be worth the wait. If you are already a M24 owner as I am, their customer service is unmatched. I have and I know others have received replacement parts for no charge and they don't ask for the old ones in exchange. Tell me who else out there does that? Keep the faith boys.

Part of the issue is that the "production" of M24Rs is directly tied to the Army's contract with Remington for M2010s. Consider the friction of a govt contract, and the fiscal climate resulting in the guillotine to the DOD budget looming this fall, all impacting the actual start of the transformation of M24s into M2010s and M24Rs. The response/demand to the M24R program has been overwhelming to the MIL/LEO group and its support staff (which is a small group whose primary responsibility is to sell new products around the world) which does not help. Given that they had a hand in convincing Big Green to do this, I have chosen to cut them some slack and wait patiently.

I'll see if I can get a more updated answer for the group.

Yes, I do have an approved packet waiting...
smile.gif

Thanks longebow. If I get anything from them I will post it here. Again, I don't mind a wait at all but at this point I am not even certain that they received my packet, if they could just update the website that would probably solve alot of the frustration.

The M24R rifles are being built, thus far there are 26 done and more on the way. There are a variety of problems that were unforseen, not the least of which is the USG (its complicated but is being overcome). Suffice to say, do not loose your enthusiasm for the weapon, Remington is committed to getting these out to the customers who have placed orders. Unfortunately for every 1 person that really wants to order a weapon, there are 20+ who want to ask a question (like can they trade something in, is there a payment plan, can they get a specific serial number, etc). All of these have to be addressed which is very time consuming. There is not a dedicated M24R sales staff, the domestic MIL/FED and International MIL/LE sales staff (6 personnel) have to do this on top of everything else. Not making excuses for Remington, but it is a daunting task that Remington is committed to accomplishing.

Of a related note; there "may" be another variant being offered in 2013 which does not include the hard case or some of the deployment components, which will be cheaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Numunuu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks longebow. If I get anything from them I will post it here. Again, I don't mind a wait at all but at this point I am not even certain that they received my packet, if they could just update the website that would probably solve alot of the frustration. </div></div>

watch the website.

Has anyone received any more information on orders shipping or at least being close to shipping? I've tried getting in touch with Remington on mine but have not heard anything since july 3rd. I've called Remington defense directly as well as called and emailed a Mr. Johnson that I was refered to, about 10 times in the last month alone. If they keep this up ill save my money and by a model 70

Heard that the first batch is close to shipment. I have been checking my CC daily for signs of an impending shipment...
smile.gif

UPDATE: Remington charged my CC on 2 Oct...
smile.gif

So despite delays in shipping, anyone know where are they in the queue?

My pops is in category 3 and I'd like to purchase one for him if they're not all spoken for. (all his info, just my credit card)

I just talked to Mr. Johnson at Remington defense and he said the first 20 rifles just shipped. He said there's still rifles that haven't been spoken for yet. Also they are supposed to be posting a sort of order tracker on the website soon.

Here are some photos. I am very pleased. Remington deserves our appreciation for making these available to us. I remember breaking them out of the wrapper back in 1988/9 at Fort Campbell...
M24Complete.jpg

M24andCase.jpg

M24DeploymentKit.jpg

M24RightRear.jpg

M24RightFront.jpg

M24Receiver.jpg

M3A.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longebow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some photos. I am very pleased. Remington deserves our appreciation for making these available to us. I remember breaking them out of the wrapper back in 1988/9 at Fort Campbell...
M24Complete.jpg

M24andCase.jpg

M24DeploymentKit.jpg

M24RightRear.jpg

M24RightFront.jpg

M24Receiver.jpg

M3A.jpg

</div></div>

Hell yea man that looks awesome. I would love to have one of these.

Thanks for the pics - brings back some fond early 90s memories
smile.gif

Nice weapon longebow. About how many years can a Hardigg M24 case be serviceable before the o ring seal has to be changed due to aging of the rubber itself? There is also a pressure valve to deal with, and I assume a M24R case can be a old surplus

That's a very hard to obtain piece of history right there! I hope it shoots very well for you.

I hope they put the tracker up soon. I deploy again in Jan-Feb time frame and am hoping it isn't sitting at my local FFL for a year.

sorry to dig up an older post, put just found out about the selling of these m24s. I sent email to Remington, but have not heard back. Maybe someone who has received theirs can qnswer this. Remington wants an electric FFL. What is that? My local FFL says he can not give me a scanned copy of it. He says it is a violation of his FFL. That is what I thought it was, am I wrong or is he? How did you guys submit it?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scout425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you had any range time with it yet </div></div>

Yup. Worked up a load with 175 MK and N140. Put 5 shots into 2 inch horizontal x 3/4 inch vertical group at 300 yards off the bench (fishtailing wind that afternoon). Sorry did not take a picture, but rest assured it hammers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry to dig up an older post, put just found out about the selling of these m24s. I sent email to Remington, but have not heard back. Maybe someone who has received theirs can qnswer this. Remington wants an electric FFL. What is that? My local FFL says he can not give me a scanned copy of it. He says it is a violation of his FFL. That is what I thought it was, am I wrong or is he? How did you guys submit it?

Thanks </div></div>

PDF file from my local dealer's FFL was included in my original packet...

SHIT!!!

I ordered one of these back in early 2012...maybe earlier than that? Kept tabs on it for a while, then just started to forget about it. Well, I remembered today and did a search; found this thread. My issue? The CC I gave them to pay for it had to be canceled due to fraud in early summer. I hope I haven't missed out!! Sent Rem-Def an email just now.

Any updates? Anyone else get one? Anyone else hear of status on shipping?

SHIT!!!

I ordered one of these back in early 2012...maybe earlier than that? Kept tabs on it for a while, then just started to forget about it. Well, I remembered today and did a search; found this thread. My issue? The CC I gave them to pay for it had to be canceled due to fraud in early summer. I hope I haven't missed out!! Sent Rem-Def an email just now.

Any updates? Anyone else get one? Anyone else hear of status on shipping?

I placed an order at SHOT show 2012. In cat 2 due to being reservist but still wanted one.

Nothing so far.

That is an Otis cleaning kit pictured above, the Scope Mate kits came in a square case.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my M24-R on Friday (3/29). I was a Cat 2 order so I just wanted to let those of you in this category know to keep up the hope! Everything is in great condition and I'm thrilled with the rifle so far! I can post a few pictures shortly if anyone is interested.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my M24-R on Friday (3/29). I was a Cat 2 order so I just wanted to let those of you in this category know to keep up the hope! Everything is in great condition and I'm thrilled with the rifle so far! I can post a few pictures shortly if anyone is interested.

Congratulations.

If you have time, I would like to see some pics.

I sent my app a few weeks ago (Cat 2), and have not heard anything from R.

How long did the entire process take, from after you submitted your app ?

Congratulations.
If you have time, I would like to see some pics.

I sent my app a few weeks ago (Cat 2), and have not heard anything from R.
How long did the entire process take, from after you submitted your app ?

I sent in my application on 26 July 2012. In my initial email containing all the copies of the required paperwork I asked for them to let me know when my application was approved and I received a response from Remington on 18 September 2012, after that I never got any more emails. I contacted them again in the middle of January and was told to try back if I hadn't heard anything by the end of February. I called again at the end of February and was told I was scheduled to be billed on 15 March 2013. After a charge didn't show up on the 15th I called again on the 20th and after correcting a problem with my card everything was taken care of. After that I received the system on 29 March 2013.

Long story short when they say it could take up to 9 months they really do mean it.

Post pictures? Do you really have to ask!?

I guess that was kind of a stupid question. lol. I'll attach the pictures below. In the pictures you'll notice that there is a black stripe in the camouflage the previous sniper applied to the rifle. I'm thinking it was from a stock wrap of some sort (ammo holder, pad, etc.) if anyone knows of one that is commonly used/issued by the Army any information you have would really be appreciated. My unit doesn't have any M24s so I don't have the benefit of direct knowledge on this one and I am wanting to find something to put there. I want to keep the current camouflage and then I'll camouflage the wrap to match the rifle since I like the "direct off the battlefield" look it currently has. Anyway, enough talking here's the pictures:

Attachments

• 20130331_203239.jpg
    20130331_203239.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20130331_203402.jpg
    20130331_203402.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20130401_140948.jpg
    20130401_140948.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20130401_141036.jpg
    20130401_141036.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20130331_205336.jpg
    20130331_205336.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15
And a few more:

Attachments

• 20130331_205508.jpg
    20130331_205508.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20130331_205641.jpg
    20130331_205641.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20130331_210415.jpg
    20130331_210415.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20130331_210439.jpg
    20130331_210439.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20130331_211228.jpg
    20130331_211228.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 15
It probably looked something like this before the sniper painted it and then the improvised cheek piece was taken off when it was rebuilt. I am sure the original barrel matched the stock and scope. Congrats on getting the rifle. It is really a bargain

27e51c95.jpg

And you got the old behemoth case ;)

I thought rebuilds came with the Pelican IM series case.

Yeah, the case is pretty huge. It's almost a two person carry, especially in narrow hallways and stairs. I didn't know they were using two types of cases... pelican case would have been nice I suppose. Either way I'm thinking pretty hard about using the soft case they included for trips to the range so the hard case will probably just get stored somewhere.

Thanks for the info Driftwood, I didn't know that was common practice.

Yeah, take an old foam sleeping mat, cut a piece, grab some 100mph tape... open the bolt to full extension, one piece of tape over the pad and test fit... once you find the ideal location/size, wrap it up.

This is about as standard as it gets- part of instruction within the first day or two of sniper school as soon as the rifle is issued.

Guys- don't get wrapped around the axle about "maintaining authenticity" on these rifles. The accoutrements on these rifles are often whatever the sniper could fabricate or obtain to improve his rifle. These are not the same as USMC smear return stocks with certificates of authenticity. They are painted however the last sniper felt like painting it or was capable of painting it.

Krylon it however you want and put whatever cheekrest you want on it and make it your own. It will be just like every authentic M-24 out there. Notice: you get an official pass on having to pay for Duracoat/CeraKote.

Nice looking rifle, what is the scope, is it an M3a Ultra, what is the year(first two digits of serial number)?

Too bad they gave you mismatched iron sights, that Redfiled Palma will not work on that OK Webber rear base on the rifle.