• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24 SWS receiver and scope serial # data

lockedandloaded

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2004
NY
I've asked the site moderators in the M24 build thread if it's possible to start documenting the serial #'s of the rifles and scopes attributed to original US Army M24 SWS rifles.

This is a subject that is long past due. The rebuild program of the M24 into M2010 has already produced replicas by Remington using original parts kits. We've witnessed original McMillan M40A1 riflestocks along with CMP Auction Unertl 10X optics skyrocket in value. All of those Marine Corp rifles and scopes had been documented long ago. Brothers Norman & Roy Chandler preserved similar efforts in their DFA book series.

I'm interested in feedback if this seems like a reasonable project?

Reactions: LUNCHBOX0621
I'll get you started, my M24 in Afghanistan was C6587555. Serials for the M3A's may be harder, I don't recall ever having to pull the serial numbers off of that for inventory or remember it listed on the armorer's cards. It was simply listed as a system the rifle, scope, and everything and listed that way on the card when it was issued out. Plus, many M24's got PVS-10's, which was a sensitive item in and of itself so it had it's own armorer card and got inventoried like our NVG's. Granted this is the way it was in my old unit back in the early 2000's at least.

Good luck!