• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M249S Recall Ship and Return Feedback Wanted

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I sent my M249s back to FN. It was received by FN on January 28th. It's now 31 days and still haven't been notified it was being shipped back to me. Has any one else had their M249s returned to them yet. I know the notice said they expected a 30day turnaround but I haven't been notified when it will be shipped back to me.Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
    Hasn't FN replied to emails or phone calls?
    When I called them they just said it was ready to ship but didn't know when. I was told to watch for an email from UPS that was generated when they ship it. I was told each time I called (2 times) It would probably be shipped in the coming week but it never ships. I'm really disappointed in FN!!!

I just read about this recall.....since when is a "mandatory" recall ever mandatory?

Is FN going to show up to take the rifle if you don't send it? The ATF?

Shouldn't send shit unless it's actually broken.

Reactions: CageFighter
    I just read about this recall.....since when is a "mandatory" recall ever mandatory?

Except if you dont comply and it blows up in your face, well guess who wont be held liable.

It's my understanding that the problem is the M249S problem is that it could result in an unintended belt/magazine runaway. The M249S going full auto with a 200 round belt is not my idea of something having a chance to happen even if is a remote possibility.
    The problem I have they say a 30 day return to owner on their site and it will be much longer than that when mine is finally at my door. I've now called 2X and they tell me it's ready to ship but don't know when it will be shipped. Not the best customer service IMO.

Last edited:
    It could be rumor, but someone I consider reliable and not given to hyperbole said the “runaway” is a boatload of crap and that it is FN doing a CYA because of the ease with which any Joe Blow can convert the “S” into an “A”. ;)

And that by sending it in, FN fixes that “bug.”

It could be rumor, but someone I consider reliable and not given to hyperbole said the “runaway” is a boatload of crap and that it is FN doing a CYA because of the ease with which any Joe Blow can convert the “S” into an “A”. ;)

And that by sending it in, FN fixes that “bug.”
    And if true, then not sending it in could get an owner a visit from the ATF in the future.

When I was researching FN's decision to not manufacture an HP bolt for the SCAR 20, I had read a couple of posts by dudes who had their rifles into FN for a few months. IIRC, comms were garbage, and nobody at FN seemed to give a fuck about providing an accurate ETA (no surprise there really).

I'm not the guy that made the comment but it means that in a world where people in shithole countries are dying from war, famine, genocide, etc, not getting your M249s back within 30 days BARELY registers as a problem.
    I couldn't agree more. My concern over the M249 not even a pimple on the ass of the problem the free world is dealing with now.