• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24A2 improved

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Ok. Not really. For the purists, this is NOT an M24 build.
    Years ago, they used to have f class matches in Corpus Christi. The range had to shut down the 500 yard range, due to encroachment. The f class matches went away.
    My Dad, who could be rather unconventional, had a Swede built on a remington action.
    He got to shoot in about 3 matches before it got sut down.
    My dad passed 3 1/2 years ago. I was looking at his match rifle and remembered he was complaining of a loss in accuracy.
    I took it to a friend that happens to be a Smith, he looked at it and told me there were several issues.
    The crown wasn't right, so he recrowned and threaded for a suppressor. The action either hadn't been trued ( I don't know if my dad asked for it to be done) or had been done incorrectly.
    We got that squared away and the lugs lapped in.
    I went to check headspace, as we had removed material from the face of the action. Headspace should have been a bit tight, nope. I ended being able to put 8 shims on the gage. Each shim was .001.
    Holy shit, no wonder he was chasing lands.
    We also installed a dbm and a pinned 20 moa rail.
    Initial test firing shows great promise.
    Rem long action
    Hart 8 twist .264
    6.5x55 Swede
    HS precision adjustable
    Rifle basix trigger
    PT&G dbm
    Scope is a vortex SE 5-25 I have for T&E. Will likely end up with my 4.5-18 lrtsi that sits on my .308.
    20200703_210201.jpg

Reactions: moosemeat