• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

M25 white feather vs LRB

mcflury

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2008
florida tampa
I am considering purchasing a m25 white feather for 3500. But I am worried about paying this much and not getting the best of everything IE forged receiver so should i just give 3500 to LRB and have them build me a m25 white feather copy. or stick with the white feather. Also i haven't found many reviews on the white feather. So any input/experience/range time would be nice. also don't want a bolt action and already have a dsa osw.

Re: M25 white feather vs LRB

I recommend that you have Smith Enterprise, Inc. build a full blown M21A5 Crazy Horse on your LRB M25 receiver
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recommend that you have Smith Enterprise, Inc. build a full blown M21A5 Crazy Horse on your LRB M25 receiver
cool.gif
</div></div>

that sounds expensive any ideas on price

I know a guy who was looking to sell a top-notch M1A built by a legend (Hook Boutin). Don't know if I can dig up the info on it (had a PC failure and lost all prior email), but I'll try to put you in touch with the seller. He's in Georgia if I recall. PM me if you're interested.

I think with the Springfield M25 White Feather you're paying for the Carlos Hathcock signature (marketing), not the hardware.

Lou will take care of you.

Actually -- Kevin you should get an FFL and set up an exclusive deal re-selling complete SEI set-ups to the civilian market. I have a feeling you'd provide fantastic customer service. SEI does not, except perhaps to you.

There's a blast from the past. Hook built my first M14 back at Benning almost 20 years ago! At the time I was an E-3 and spending $1000 was serious business
wink.gif

On the White Feather, I don't think it's anywhere near as good as advertised. I shot one a couple of years ago during two different sessions and was rather underwhelmed. To this day, I think M1As aren't particularly good as precision rifles and the Loaded model is probably the best one value-wise. LRB makes a good rifle as do SEI - but they still suffer from the simple fact that they are battle rifles trying to be precision rifles.

LRB is in another league. The white feather is a gimmick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LFOD1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Actually -- Kevin you should get an FFL and set up an exclusive deal re-selling complete SEI set-ups to the civilian market. I have a feeling you'd provide fantastic customer service. SEI does not, except perhaps to you. </div></div>

I'm all about excellent customer service and that's not a bad suggestion.

I could re-sell complete precision battle rifles built by SEI...
now how do I go about getting myself an FFL?

man you guys are really talking me out of it. guess ill either have to get a really smoking deal or something else maybe a desert tactical systems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LFOD1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Actually -- Kevin you should get an FFL and set up an exclusive deal re-selling complete SEI set-ups to the civilian market. I have a feeling you'd provide fantastic customer service. SEI does not, except perhaps to you. </div></div>

now how do I go about getting myself an FFL?</div></div>

Read this:
http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=70

It's a lot like the NFA tax stamp process, except you need a properly-zoned place of business -- which you probably already have with your water treatment business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LFOD1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LFOD1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

now how do I go about getting myself an FFL?</div></div>

Read this:
http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=70

It's a lot like the NFA tax stamp process, except you need a properly-zoned place of business -- which you probably already have with your water treatment business. </div></div>

Thank you!