• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 barrel on GB

Looks like somebody first stamped the caliber upside down ('cause the barrel was already off of the receiver and the guy didn't know which way was up) and then tried over-stamping the numbers again to cover it up. Ima call it a fake.

Reactions: D_TROS
Looks like somebody first stamped the caliber upside down ('cause the barrel was already off of the receiver and the guy didn't know which way was up) and then tried over-stamping the numbers again to cover it up. Ima call it a fake.
I noticed the same thing. Looks SUS

I talked to the seller and based on everything else with it I believe it’s real.

Already bought one

Attachments

• 9212F126-09F5-4CB0-A5AB-22AD286C62BC.jpeg
    9212F126-09F5-4CB0-A5AB-22AD286C62BC.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 95
I take it you’ve handled a few real M40’s in your time? If so I have some questions I’d appreciate your help with.

Only one back in 1990, and that one didn't have stamped-over caliber markings.

Reactions: D_TROS
Amazing how these parts pop up from time to time. Seeking the impossible is sometimes fun and you actually luck out and find awesome parts.

Reactions: Pinmaster
Amazing how these parts pop up from time to time. Seeking the impossible is sometimes fun and you actually luck out and find awesome parts.

The only other way seems to be knowing the right people with the rare original parts and begging them to sell them to me lol.

Last edited:
I talked to a collector of trophy rifles once and he had an M40 collection that was amazing but his rifle far exceeded my price range. He had a few that had been converted to across the course rifles for military shooting teams. That guy was a wealth of knowledge. That’s why I don’t necessarily believe it is unrealistic a honest mistake of a stamp automatically would make it a fake. Just me though. Oh well I thought it was a good find maybe others might as well or not. Either way happy new year to you all!

I know the seller and I’ll talk with him. I’ll take another look and knowing him if there is any doubt he’ll take it down and make it right. I can help him source another if needed. I’m not sure what options he has since there is a bid but I’m betting we can figure it out. I believe the barrel listed came with everything besides a scope.

My apologies sir I didn’t mean to imply you said it was bad. I meant that if folks thought it might be bad or a fake the seller would not want to put it out there and I would pass a long what info was on this thread. I appreciate your posts and all the info provided.