• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 build parts kit, what's it worth?

30cal_Fun

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Netherlands
I have some parts that I was going to use for an M40 build project. I bought them years ago but I haven't yet had the time to build one and they have just been sitting in my safe.
We can only own 5 firearms here in the Netherlands and I have no intention to sell the ones I have now, so I will most likely never get to building an M40 replica.

I intend to sell them to fund another project, but it has been a few years since I bought these parts and I don't have a good idea of what to ask for this parts kit.
What do you all think these M40 build project parts are worth?

Pictures can be found here: Redfield Photos by LewisPhotoB | Photobucket

These are the parts I have:

Two Redfield Accurange's.
Both 3-9x40, accurange reticle with stadia wires and tombstone (200-600 yards) rangefinder.
One gloss black, “Redfield Denver” marked with Y-prefix serial number.
The other a little more dull, almost satin finish, only “Royal” marked.
Both commercial-model, high-turrets.
Both in perfect functional order, glass and reticle are very clear.
Cosmetically they are both in used but good order, the “Redfield Denver” marked scope has some heavy scratches where there rings would be from mounting though.
Both probably produced in the 70's as far as I know.

Redfield 4-screw (straight-slot) Low rings.
Factory-new with original packaging. I have only mounted them once to take the pictures, which resulted in a few sratches on the bottom of the front ring (invissible when mounted). Apart from that brand new, straight out of the oil paper. One of the rings is “1” marked on the bottom.
No clue as to production date.

Redfield base for Remington 700 Short action.
Also factory-new straight out of the oil paper. Has a few scratches where the front ring was mounted, apart from that brand new with original packaging.
Rounded corners, “R” marked.

Walnut stock for Remington 700 Short action.
Brand new, I never did anything with it. Ordered from Numrich Gun Parts. Apart from fore-end identical to the M40 stock.
Has a plastic but plate and the brass cross-pin.

And two 1 1/4” wood-screw sling swivels, seem to be similar to the swivels used on the M40, probably not worth much.

Last edited:
The Accu-Range Redfield sells between 200-600$, depends on condition and how much one is willing to pay for it.

When advertised as a 'M40 scope' on eBay, prices goes through the roof. Ridiculous. It doesnt worth more than 300$. 40 years old optic, good scope, but its just an average hunting quality scope.

The rings and base worth between 25-50$ a piece. Again, we have seen ridiculous prices on eBay. A ring and base set advertised as 'M40' sold for 150$ not long ago. Ridiculous.

Numrich sells the stock 195$, and thats what it worths. It needs some modification to be an exact replica of the M40 stock, but it is a very good start!