• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 Build Question for USMC return Stock

Kaisersose

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2003
Knoxville, TN
I am wondering what you guys would go with.

I can pick up a 40X repeater complete rifle or a Remington 700 with rock barrel installed and is clip slotted for the same price.

Which would you guys go with?

Thanks

Re: M40 Build Question for USMC return Stock

what pattern is your return stock?

are you trying to build a correct clone or just a shooter?

If it were me, I would get whatever puts me closer to pulling the trigger. I am almost to the point of picking up a G-series receiver for my build so I can get it closer to completion.

Ehhh, It all depends on what you want out of it.. Do you want a true spec or just the look... The slotted 700 would be closest I believe, especially if the numbers fit. I am having an "E" prefix built on an early smear. E's were used by the USMC so I am halfway correct. But I think the smears belong under 6 digit actions with the U.S. stamp above it, Not the later prefix actions but you never know what the USMC slaps together so...It's all good!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is everyone getting these return stocks from???</div></div>

All of the return stocks are gone from McM. There are some being traded/sold from those who got them from McM when they sold them to the public. I am giddy to get my Return Stock M40A1 from GAP.

Mine is not the smear it the regular forest camo. It does have the matching bottom metal.

I would like to have a shooter, both actions are clip slotted already.

I got mine from a fellow hide member back in 2005, it has been setting in the closet and is finally ready for a new action.

I spoke with George over a GAP and was quoted a 6 month wait on my previous C-prefix action. I went ahead used that action for something else.

My .02 (but for free), wait a few more months or whatever it takes to get the exact receiver you want. I did and it paid off, picked up a 6 digit in range (yup in a smear). Plus scopes and mounts aren't kicking around yet so you have time. Like I said, wait...