• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 Raffle Rifle signed/shot by Chuck Mawhinney...

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
Mike at Texas Brigade Armory is building a reproduction M40 rifle that will be raffled off at the 2011 Oregon Sniper Challenge. This rifle will be equipped with a reproduction 3-9x40 Leupold/Redfield optic (onodized green) with a duplex reticle. The rifle will be delivered to Chuck Mawhinney who will personally zero the rifle and sign the "special" Data Book (courtesy of Impact Data Books) as well as sign the rifle. All proceeds will be given to Chuck Mawhinney and Chuck will personally draw the winning ticket at this years Oregon Sniper Challenge (June 11-12th). Anyone the law allows can enter and you need not be present to win. The rifle will be shipped to the winners FFL after the event. All payments must be recieved by June 1st for you to be eligible. Your ticket numbers will be electronically mailed to you. For more information on this raffle please check out the Cold Bore Competitions website @ www.coldborecomps.com. You do not want to miss out on this one.

Special thatnk to:
- Mike Lau @ Texas Brigade Armory
- George Gardner @ GA Precision
- Leupold Tactical
- Tony @ Impact Data Books
- Chuck Mawhinney

chuck_rifle.jpg

Note. Rifle in pic is not "the" raffle rifle as Mike @ TBA is currently building the rifle and has assurred us that "the rifle" will be built in time to be raffled off at the event.

Re: M40 Raffle Rifle signed/shot by Chuck Mawhinney...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will you be selling tickets at the match? Or just pre-paid?

Thanks </div></div>

Tickets must be purchased before June 1st (pre-paid) to be eligible to win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link doesn't show the raffle yet, but I'm in as soon as tickets are available.

1911fan </div></div>

Give it another try. It should be up and running. Good luck.

how about 100 donation for that picture signed by chuck for a fellow scout sniper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how about 100 donation for that picture signed by chuck for a fellow scout sniper? </div></div>

PM sent.

Steve glad we can be part of this great fund raiser.

As for the data book we have designed a special cover for this book to go along with this great rifle.

Good luck to everyone!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize for my ignorance; what does "one off" mean describing the data book? </div></div>

As Tony stated. He's building a "special" data book to go with the rifle which will have Chuck's info on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice.

and of course Chuck always wears the coolest hats.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Indeed. He does have very fine taste in headwear.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link doesn't show the raffle yet, but I'm in as soon as tickets are available.

1911fan </div></div>

Give it another try. It should be up and running. Good luck. </div></div>

And it is, but I've got two questions. Given that PayPal is notably anti-gun,
1) How do they let you use them for payment? You'd think they'd have a s&$t fit.
2) Why do you use them?

1911fan

PS: Reread that and it sounded overly critical. Not intended that way.

this is preaty cool and. im in. How do i find additional info about the sniper challenge other than there website?

I'm gonna be interested when this is up and running.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JxMAN25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is preaty cool and. im in. How do i find additional info about the sniper challenge other than there website? </div></div>

Our website is the best way to find out info on our event. Thanks for your interest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link doesn't show the raffle yet, but I'm in as soon as tickets are available.

1911fan </div></div>

Give it another try. It should be up and running. Good luck. </div></div>

And it is, but I've got two questions. Given that PayPal is notably anti-gun,
1) How do they let you use them for payment? You'd think they'd have a s&$t fit.
2) Why do you use them?

1911fan

PS: Reread that and it sounded overly critical. Not intended that way. </div></div>

I would use them because it's an easy way for our customers to make payments. As of right now we are having problems setting up PAYPAL on our website and thus tickets are only being sold by check or money order.

Bump for a great cause?!!!

1911 was right. We just recieved a "nasty-gram" from PAYPAL. It looks like everyone will have to send a check or money order from now on. Oops!!!!

Send Check/Money Order to:

Cold Bore Competitions
PO Box 804
Troutdale, OR.

Come on fellas $10.00 get you a chance to win a rifle shot/signed by an icon in the sniper community. You don't want to miss out on this one. Steve.

Ok. Just now seeing this. As I don't pay "The poor tax" in the state lottery, I always have a few bucks set aside for a chance to win a firearm.

Just visited your website and copied the address.

Check will be in the mail tomorrow.

Regards,
Greyson

Ok. I am a liar. Check went in the mail today.

Regards,
Greyson