• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 SS Bull Bbl Question

galil4x4

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Carrollton, Ga.
Hello,

New to the forums. I had an M40 .308 with stainless steel bull barrel many years ago and sold it, regretfully. I have the original wooden stock and am wanting to get it back together again. My question is: where can I buy another SS barrel w/Rem 700 action? It is going to be a while before I can post on the for sale forum since this is my first post.

Thanks in advance,

James

Re: M40 SS Bull Bbl Question

galil4x4,

I think you can post in the WTT/WTB section you just can't sell until you get your 50 post.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Re: M40 SS Bull Bbl Question

You might consider buying a 700 action or a cheap, complete Remington 700 rifle for a donor action and having one of the 'smiths here build exactly what you want. If you go looking for a complete barreled action, you might be getting a good barrel and action that was built by a good 'smith, but then again you might not.

GAP is known to work wonders with things of this nature.

Re: 40X SS Bull Bbl Question

Thanks for the correction. Yes, I meant 40X. Actually 40XB comes to mind. It has been a while since I have even thought about the designation.

Also, thanks for the useful info and suggestions.

James