• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 Build

nosajf

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2007
Australia
Any Aussie Hide members know a good smith that would do a M40A1 spec. build here in Oz. I am having trouble finding one that will do the build.

Jas

Re: M40A1 Build

Thanks Nomad

GAP was my first option but I contacted them and they do not export rifles.

Jas

Jas, I think if you could procure the proper parts, then a good smith could put it together. What the restrictions on importing a barrel, bottom metal and such to Australia.

The bottom metal,stock and barrel would not be a problem.

Finding and importing a clip slotted reciever would be, the reciever is considered a firearm. Clip- slotted recievers are as rare as hens teeth over here. Most people do not know what you are talking about let alone seen one.

But it is a path I will consider going down.

Jas

A good smith should be able to machine the clip slot if he had pictures and specs to work with. Where you at anyways, have an Uncle whos been in Canberra since 69,

I am up in Queensland. Where would I get the specs/measurements to have a standard action clip slotted and the mods to the bottom metal.

Jas

Just e-mailed Shane, I have PSECO build and your right the wait was rather long to say the least.

Jas