• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1/GAP Rock

msp21

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2003
The M40A1 is arguably the best sniper rifle (under 800 yds) to date ever considering the improvements, which come at an expense i.e. weight. Do you consider the GAP Rock a sort of improved M40A1? Reasons either way..

Re: M40A1/GAP Rock

The m40a1 in my opinion was the best at its time rifle and optics considered. I have a return stock M40a1 with the uso mst-100. I also have a rock with a surgeon action badger det mag and a 22 in barrel that I prefer hands down to my m40a1(weight and barrel length wise and the 22 bartlein is faster even shorter). Yes I consider it a vast improvement over the m40a1.

You have to admit that the Rock appears to be made after the M40A1 though...What's not to like about the M40A1 for a rugged no frills stick?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr_hurricane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I dont think the rock has flushcups. </div></div>

Neither rifle mentioned has flushcups, you're just pimping your weak thread.

I don't get the question re: M40A1 vs Gap Rock? What's the question, which is the "arguably best sniper rifle of all time"? If it is, and those are the two choices, I'd have to pick the M40A1, as I'm not sure the Rock was a sniper rifle (as in issued to snipers).

I am sure I have seen it in the past but what would a M40A1 clone cost if you were to have GAP build one for ya?

Thanks

I am sure I have seen it in the past but what would a M40A1 clone cost if you were to have GAP build one for ya?

Thanks