• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M40A1 Replica Scope

Chris 8541

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2018
Good afternoon everyone,

This seems like the most appropriate place to post this. My company is developing a replica scope specifically for M40A1/M40A3 builders/enthusiasts/collectors and just plain ole shooters in mind. If interested, please take this short survey. It is only 10 questions and only takes 3 minutes. Feel free to forward the link to anyone you think would be an ideal end user. Semper Fi - Chris

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VD95D92

Survey completed . There’s a hole in the market , and the original version is off the
menu for all but the most serious collectors . Best wishes for your endeavour .

Done. An alternative for rimfire rifles would be great provided it doesn’t cost multiple thousands of dollars. I’d like to make my 40x a clone of my A1 clone but $3000 for a rimfire scope is too much for me.

Reactions: deltawiskey
LowplainsWindage,

Sorry for the late reply. C.B. Optics. Also, fortunately for you, we are located in Minnesota so shipping to you won't cost much.

S/F

Chris

DW,

Maple Grove. Where in WI are you? I have a buddy in the LaCrosse area.

Chris

Will these scopes be made in MN by your company or across the pond? If outside the USA, where?

Have them come from the same place as SWFA or Bushnell Elites and under $1000, you'd have a winner.

Reactions: deltawiskey
Still negotiating details, but as of right now, they will be made in Japan, and the lenses will be sourced from Schott. This is the same glass that is used in many of the high end German scopes, so I am super excited about that. Nothing is set in stone yet, but highly unlikely they will be less than $1000.

I've never heard of CB optics is this a company you just started or do you produce other optical items (lenses, glasses etc)?

Would also be interested in the sort of prototyping and production costs you are looking at. Is it possible to produce a run of scopes for say 25k? Or do you need to be near 100k before they will take the order?

I actually screamed I was so excited when I read this thread...

I've been reading a few threads here and there on the hide for years...but I just HAD to register to reply here!
Been looking for this for ages and I wish you all the best in the process because I'd love to see it come to fruition...If you don't mind me asking, is there any ballpark ETA?

Sorry if I'm supposed to do an introductory post somewhere...searched around to find rules or introductory posts to no avail...

All the best from South Africa,
Alex

Hey DW,

Sorry I am not posting in here regularly. Been super busy lately. No updates per se. Prototype is still in development, and I have modified my timeline a little. I have quite a few projects that I am working on; this one is just near and dear to my heart, so I felt obligated to share on the boards. I hope to have something available in 2019, but I am going to refrain from posting specific dates until I am ready to begin taking orders.

That being said, it is still very much in the works. A lot of people are involved with making this happen. We don't want it to be a flash in the pan kind of project...anyone can do that. Shit, if I wanted to I could have these made in Minneapolis tomorrow, and sell them to probably only a small group of ppl who geek out on this stuff like me. We are wanting to reach a larger market than just die hard military sniper fans. I want it done right.

So, rest assured I will throw up the red star cluster when it's time to go hot.

TTYL

Chris

It's a vicious cycle
The more I think of getting my rifle set up, the more I think of this thread
The more I think of this thread, the more i want to set up my rifle:LOL:

Looking forward to hearing more about this, I'll have to find a way to get one into South Africa when they're ready:sneaky:

Hey DW,

Sorry I am not posting in here regularly. Been super busy lately. No updates per se. Prototype is still in development, and I have modified my timeline a little. I have quite a few projects that I am working on; this one is just near and dear to my heart, so I felt obligated to share on the boards. I hope to have something available in 2019, but I am going to refrain from posting specific dates until I am ready to begin taking orders.

That being said, it is still very much in the works. A lot of people are involved with making this happen. We don't want it to be a flash in the pan kind of project...anyone can do that. Shit, if I wanted to I could have these made in Minneapolis tomorrow, and sell them to probably only a small group of ppl who geek out on this stuff like me. We are wanting to reach a larger market than just die hard military sniper fans. I want it done right.

So, rest assured I will throw up the red star cluster when it's time to go hot.

TTYL

Chris

Any updates?

Just wanted to revive this and see if there are any updates.... Chris, I haven't forgotten about your project!
DW