• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40a1 Rings Question

bigdibbs88

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2013
Hi Guys- I’m finally wrapping up my m40a1 build but am in a pickle on rings. I’ve got a cmp usmc Unertl with the badger rings. I don’t really want to alter that much so had planned to just mount it to a picatinny base but it just doesn’t look right. So I thought about using a redfield base and rings but I’d really like to incorporate my forward top badger ring with mount how you see used on photos sometimes. Problem is that uses a top mount screw and from what I read online correct rings are 4 screw under mount. Did the usmc use under mount rears and top mount front in that scenario? Thanks for any help

Attachments

• IMG_6796.jpeg
    IMG_6796.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 18
That is a Unertl mount with a simrad cap up front. It is under mount also like the rear ring. They are extremely rare to find if I remember @USMCSGT0331 saying. Hopefully he will tell us more about it when he gets a chance. I know TMA made a bunch of fake one that supposedly did not fit correctly.

Oh and I don’t know how you would move it. But this would belong in the Vintage section. I guess you could ask one of the mods to move it.