• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40a1 Simrad Mount

grunt0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
OH
I know that there are some on here that have a Simrad mount for the M40a1. My question is this, does anyone have a mechanics drawing with dimensions for this mount? Im looking to do one for my M40a1 build. Please let me know what you have.

Thanks.

Re: M40a1 Simrad Mount

I could be totally wrong here but I don't think the Simrad cap on the A1 is spec. I think guys that have a "so called" A1 with Simrad cap are running a rail with the BO rings and we all know that's not the gig for a true A1. Now an A3 is another story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be totally wrong here but I don't think the Simrad cap on the A1 is spec. I think guys that have a "so called" A1 with Simrad cap are running a rail with the BO rings and we all know that's not the gig for a true A1. Now an A3 is another story. </div></div>

M40A1's were used with the SIMRAD. I believe it was around 1996/1997 that the top of the front ring was replaced to allow for the night vision to hook up. So it was with the old Unertl mount and a new top ring, not with Badger Rings.

Here's a link with a photo if you scroll down a little.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4057&page=2

That one is a new one that I havent seen. It looks pretty much the same as ones Ive seen. Here are a few that I have seen.

Simrad16.jpg

Simrad18.jpg

Simrad17.jpg

This is the mount that I would like to have the mechanics drawings and dimensions for. Its a lot easier to do on a CNC machine then slowly on a lathe. I have a Simrad for my M40a3. Just want one for the M40a1.

All of those pictured look like they are only mounted with one screw on each side... If you have the tooling, making your own to possibly get 2 screws on each side would definitely be the way to go.... Can you just get the specs for the actual mount off your other one, on your M40A3, and customize the rest of it for a more secure fit?

Just a thought.... Good luck!

Semper Fi!

I thought about that but the a3 is 30mm with 1 inch reducers and the a1 is for 1 inch rings. If no one has dimensions then I will have to go at it the long and hard way.