• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 Trainer

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
Here is my trainer, the little brother to the Quantico built M40A1 auctioned here on the Hide- The Eddie Ryan fund raiser.

347xjq8.jpg

s65a2r.jpg

2njkq6b.jpg

21o8txc.jpg

9kxlkn.jpg

vhxh11.jpg

2nut1ky.jpg

34h97pc.jpg

Re: M40A1 Trainer

Awesome rifles. How does the Trainer shoot? Im interested one day to get one of those.

Sweet!!! I'll be ordering one of McMillan's new M40A22 stocks for the CZ-452 to serve as a trainer for my M40A1 turn-in build... It's a shame they can't do it in the smear pattern to match it's big brother, but a woodland & an original smear will make a nice pair! Wish I had the $$$ for the USO, but wishing is for suckers, so both will be sporting period correct Redfields....

Again, very sweet pair of rifles you have there!!! Very envious of the glass!! LOL! BTW - I was an AN/TPS 63 Crew Chief during my final tour in the Corps!

The little brother is accurate like the big brother. Will post some targets when I have time on the range.

That my friend is just flat....Koooolllll.....
smile.gif
Wished I could pimp myself for a couple of USO's but that tain't gonna happen. Nice set and I am indeed impressed!!!

Here is the best I could come up with. Gradually getting stocks redone a bit.
40-XB22and308s004.jpg

40-XB22and308s001.jpg

M40ish rigs are 22(XR version with 24" tube very close to Varmint Special contour) and 222 Varmint Special barreled action. Going to do my 308 in the very near future as I have near all the parts. Also I think a 243 and 260 as I have several stocks and the Varmint Special/M40 style fit my crippled frame fairly well yet.

Nice! I don't have a second MST-100 to top the .22lr rimfire trainer I built from a 40XB to match my own spec M40A1 build, and I had no idea USO ever made a run of MST-100s cammed for the .22lr round.

What scope mount did you use on the trainer?

Jamie D,

The barrel is 25.

B Melick,

The base and the rings are the correct Redfield variety. I have a couple of USO mounts but both are for slotted receivers and I don't want to slot the 40X receiver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81STFACP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The base and the rings are the correct Redfield variety. I have a couple of USO mounts but both are for slotted receivers and I don't want to slot the 40X receiver.</div></div>

I also had an extra USO mount and wanted to clip-slot my 40XB receiver, but a fellow Hide gunsmith pointed out that it would not possible (look at the lugs on your 40X bolt and where they would lock into the receiver), so I just sold my extra USO mount to another Hide member. A few months ago I did have a USO mount which had the lug machined off it, but USO swapped me for a correct M40A1 spec mount.

I truly hate you!! I never thought anyone would have the same wet dream as myself. And you have the reality.

WOW!!

I dont care who you are...that right ther is hot..

Regards,
DT

ps-if you ever want to trade off or sell one of them USO's, drop me a line.

Jealousy does not explain it. Maybe rage? I have a M40A1 spec build but no MST-100. Anyone crazy enough to sell theirs?