• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A2 question

Emilio

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2006
Burbank, CA
I know it was never adopted but I have heard some made it into service. From what I know it was the M40A1 in and A2 stock. Does anyone know if the A2 shared the Winchester bottom metal that the A1 used? Was the A2 stock the same woodland pattern as the A1? Did it have the extra swivel for the bipod or did have the 1 1/4 inch swivels that the A1s used. Thanks for any details.

Emilio

Re: M40A2 question

From what I remember we had two of them in our class and yes they still had the winchester floorplates and same swivels, the stocks were OD green not camo and the recoil pads were black.

Same as Hogstooth said,the one we had was in Woodland but was later spray painted.The rifle jumped around Battalion STA's for T&E.

Thanks, I might try and put one together in the near future. I'm just trying to figure what most of them looked like.

Don't know about what optic rail they had but here is the one I had built with a Ross rail and Ross bottom metal. Give you an idea I guess...
IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg