• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3/A5 Owners - Build Questions

M4.GA

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
Georgia
Hey guys. Reposting this from the main bolt gun section as someone recommended it may get better service here. I have been considering getting a 308 bolt gun as a trainer to supplement my AI. I'm a bit of a clone nerd when it comes to military firearms and have always loved the looks of the M40A3 and A5 rifles. I have a question for the owners of those rifles regarding where to get them built.

I understand that GA Precision makes a more or less turnkey clone but I have also seen some people with builds from PWS at Quantico. I was curious how one goes about doing that? Also, I was curious what other reputable builders for those rifles anyone might recommend, rated from good to better to best?

Lastly, what would a "proper" serial range be for a clone, In case I need to supply my own receiver.

Thank you all.

Raven Rifles but I’m not sure if he’s taking on work or LRI.

@USMCSGT0331 can you help him out with the correct serial number range? Or just try sending him a PM @M4.GA

Also I am not sure if you read my post up in the sticky section. I will say stay far away from TMA or Twomanattach,the hogs den or whatever the hell he calls himself now.

The easy button would be GA

RWS would be another candidate

Crescent Customs - Moon could do a great job but I would check his backlog.
Last I heard he was waaaay out.

And last but most definitely note least!
Would be Ern in Florida his attention to detail and customer relations is second to none.

Good luck

The easy button would be GA

RWS would be another candidate

Crescent Customs - Moon could do a great job but I would check his backlog.
Last I heard he was waaaay out.

And last but most definitely note least!
Would be Ern in Florida his attention to detail and customer relations is second to none.

Good luck

What’s the name of the shop of this Ern fella for reference?

Well he used to be at Altus but he opened his own shop.

I do not have name or location yet.

Will update when I have further information.

Maybe someone who sees this can give you better intel.

Double check the wait time with GAP. I ordered a M40A5 build from them since Feb 2023 and It is still in the process.