• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3 Build *Pictures up*

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
Well most of the parts are here, just waiting for the base from the CDI group buy. It's going to Marc Soulie to be built.

40build.jpg

40build4.jpg

P3270025.jpg

Scoll down for more pictures

Re: M40A3 Build

Very nice. I've spoken with Marc on the phone. He gives a nice discount to active military/LEO. He's a no nonsense type of guy. I just received the same barrel from Kreiger a few weeks ago. Make sure to post some more pictures when he's finished with it.

Yea Marc is a good guy for sure! That goes without saying!

That's actually a Schnieder m40 contract barrel.

What kind of EFR is that?

I'm waiting on my base as well...and waiting on my 6 digit 700 action to go with it
cool.gif

Because shipping takes a couple of days...

Seriously though, just bc I found it for a song. I was just looking for a 700 and stumbled on a LNIB 700 that happened to be an older 700 with a 6 digit serial #.

BTW...if you don't mind, where did you find that EFR?

I knew that Schneider is the spec barrel for the build. I just meant I ordered the same profile (M40 #7 MTU) from Kreiger and just received it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew that Schneider is the spec barrel for the build. I just meant I ordered the same profile (M40 #7 MTU) from Kreiger and just received it. </div></div>

My bad, I have two Kriegers on my other guns and they are laser man. But I have the MTU's and they're pretty huge, no doubt.

Thanks, I was just curious since I called them previously and kinda got the vibe they didn't want to do individual sales...contract only.

I didn't have any issues with ordering it, other than them being out of stock for awhile and had to wait.

Sweet. You definitely have to show the finished product!

And that's exactly what I'm thinking about doing next.

How did you get the stock inlet for the DD Ross bottom metal?

I'll put some pictures up when it's finished for sure.

Tell Mcmillan you want it for a DD Ross bottom metal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Build an A5 out of it, the mag system and suppressor are the way to go!! </div></div>

Already got one. It's not a 'spec build' but has the mag kit ans surefire

My CDI lugged base showed up today. I boxed up all the parts and it'll be on it's way to Spartan Rifles soon!

Looks like you will have a very nice rifle once its complete. I had GAP build me a M40A3 except it has the steel floorplate version which was used before the DBM system. Cant wait to get mine.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
smile.gif

I have DBM on some of my other guns but still like top loaders for some reason. How long till you get your gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have DBM on some of my other guns but still like top loaders for some reason. How long till you get your gun? </div></div>

The gun is already done but im overseas and will be back in november approximmatley and then GAP will ship me the rifle.

Marc's website can be found in my signature, but it's: Spartanrifles.com

He sent me some pictures yesterday of the rifle at his shop. It's complete but just waiting on it to be coated.

Rifle showed up today! It's outstanding work!! Pictures and range tomorrow.

Dealing with Marc was a pleasure! Awesome guy to do business with and he builds a damn good rifle!

We'll see if this thing shoots straight tomorrow...

Sweet. There's just something classic about internal magazine builds.

Northland thats an awesome rifle man congrats. Im going to have to see about going to Marc as well. I see that he does excellent work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Northland thats an awesome rifle man congrats. Im going to have to see about going to Marc as well. I see that he does excellent work. </div></div>

You'll be glad you did! Now this thing needs some spray paint and I need to put my simrad cap. But I need longer screws for it.

Nice looking rifle you have!
Can i ask what you payed for the CDI base?