• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3 help

htony1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
south carolina
i have the opportunity to trade for a rifle build with the following specs. I have handled it but not shot it which i hope to do this weekend. I was saving for and M40A3 build down the road but if i can make this deal work would it be a suitable replacement? any thoughts are appreciated and I was told Remington Custom shop built it. They parts are all serialized as well.

24" Chanlynn Barrel 6 right hand twist (1:12 twist rate)
- McMillan A5 stock with adjustable length of pull and internal cheekrest with locking screws
- Badger Ordnance upgraded bolt knob
- Badger Ordnance 20 MOA Mil-Std 1913 rail
- Badger Ordnance steel floorplate assembly
- Titanium Devcon bedding
- Marinetex "skim" bedding
- Wylde cut chamber for up to 175 grain 7.62x51mm or 175 grain .308 win
- Recessed tactical crown24" Chanlynn Barrel 6 right hand twist (1:12 twist rate)
- McMillan A5 stock with adjustable length of pull and internal cheekrest with locking screws
- Recessed tactical crown

- 24" Chanlynn Barrel 6 right hand twist (1:12 twist rate)
- Recessed tactical crown
weapons008.jpg

Re: M40A3 help

If you want a M40A3, then save up for a GAP build and get what you want. If you are asking if this gun is a good substitute for a M40A3, only you can answer that...but my answer would be no.

I'd say take it out and shoot and see what you think. You also didn't say how much he is charging for the rifle and that will be a large part of the equation.

What makes this rifle an m40a3? If your heart is set on owning one,build it. If you get this rifle will youll still want an M40a3? The only thing that looks remotely like the M40A3 is the od color stock,but its not an A4 either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: htony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys think its worth 1500 bucks?</div></div>

as 81sfo said this is not a M40A3 but it is a nice rifle. Would I pay 1500 for it...from what I see and the specs I probably would buy it for 1500 if I shot it and I liked it. Look on GA Precision's site for a M40A3 for the correct specs and you will see the reasons that it is not a M40A3.
http://www.gaprecision.net/mil-spec-rifles/m40a3.html

still a nice rifle though...

makes sense, thanks for the info guys. I think im gonna do it. its a really slick rifle. learning more each day.