• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3... what is special about this one for $7,000

Re: M40A3... what is special about this one for $7,000

$7000 looks like it's all in. Rifle, USMC MST-100 scope, Bi-pod, Pelican case, drag bag...

I don't know enough about the builder however it doesn't seem out of line with other M40A3's all in.

Whats special is it was built by the man himself DD ROSS!!!!!hell ya.
I see nothing special,it looks as if it doesnt have the reciever slotted and base lugged.Not spec from what i see.
Shawn Bs bro rifle was more spec and worth the price tag than this one.

$2800 on scope
$400 on mountings.
$700 on stock
action and work what, maybe $1500?

That's 5400 right there.

Sling, bipod etc, say $6000.

Someone's gonna make a tidy profit on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats special is it was built by the man himself DD ROSS!!!!!hell ya.
I see nothing special,it looks as if it doesnt have the reciever slotted and base lugged.Not spec from what i see.
</div></div>

LOL!

Your right, it looks as if there is no slotted reciever and lugged base.

I like the stock but I think you can get a lot more gun for 7K!! Maybe its just me but I think its over priced. I am sure someone will give him 7K for it though. There are many people out there that don't reall know what things go for and buy thing over priced all the time. I guess its in the eye's of the buyer.

Hopefully the bedding holds up!if its bedded?
Im sure someone who isnt familiar with the actuall spec rifle will end up forking out the big bucks for it.

Is there some secret to bedding holding up?

i know why its 7k, didnt you see the badass kabar. if it comes with that then yah its worth it lol.

chucknelson.
Don't get 81sfo started HA HA. He has a real horror story to tell about bedding and such.

scout1

It's hardly rocket science, but some people can't chew gum and walk at the same time eigther.
grin.gif

I dont beleive the M40A3 came with a badger tac knob. This one also is not marked correctly.

Dont think its worth 7k....

Marking these rifles properly isnt his specialty either.........

Just a hunch,no offense meant.

Mybe 4000 for the rifle and 2000 for the knife?
smile.gif

Not much more than a glorified target rifle.

You'd think if DD Ross built the damn thing, he'd use the correct base and trigger guard?

It needs the ejection port opened up as well from what I can see.

Also the bolt handle is pure fiction, as well as the stock colour and the markings are incorrect.

Cheers, Carl