• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A5 Advice?

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
Hi all, I've been reading these forums for a bit now and I finally decided to make an account to join in on the banter and fun. I guess I'll make this an introductory post as well seeking advice. I've shot with my father ever since I was a kid and we've done a bit of hunting. My 'baby' is currently a Tikka T3 chambered in a 7mm RemMag, which I often shoot at 200 yrds (thats the furthest distance available at the only range in my local area). I love that gun and its great, but my dad got an AI AW.338 about a year and a half back and now I'm looking to get into the long-range precision shooting as well. I have always highly revered the US Armed Forces (as should any American) and I have somehow decided that I want a USMC spec M40A5. Like I said before, I've read some posts on SH beforehand and have learned that when buying an M40A5, the one and only way to go is GAP. Everything else however, I am still unsure of. I want to go with the exact-replica Schmidt and Bender PMII 3-12x 50mm LP, but I don't know if its really worth the hole it will put in my wallet.

I thank he who takes the time to read my entire banter and would really like any advice pertaining to the M40A5 (whether it be about the gun, optic, accessories, etc. - all is welcome and very much appreciated).