• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M55 build....... stock option?

PEACEMAKER

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2010
QLD, Australia
I've got a Tikka M55 in .308 sporter sitting my safe just waiting for some work. I purchased the rifle for the sole purpose of a donor action as the previous owner only put 300 rounds through it but never cleaned it so the barrel is dirty so say the least. My question is, will it fit in a m595 Master sporter stock or am i just better off getting manners to make me a T4A for it. It will end up being either a .260 or a 6.5x47lap and id love to use either CDI or Badger bottom metal so i can get rid of the single stack 5 and 10 rd tikka mags.

Re: M55 build....... stock option?

64C,
McMillans has programming for this action and can run them in any of our Sako stock designs and several of our tactical stocks.
The guard screw spacing on this action is 6.405" which doesn't match up with anything we know about for a different DBM floorplate.