• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M70 Chassis

Solo 43

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2020
Don't laugh....but I'm looking for a M70 chassis, which no one seems to make. Shy a M70? Well, it was my old course rifle, which I last shot at the '99 Nationals. Anschutz trigger, Obermeyer 5R, etc., chambered in 6mm-22-250. Hell'eva rig, but I'd like to have it in a chassis stock/AICS rig to play with next to my two tactical rifles. Other then ordering a Manners/McMillan and having it bedded....

Reactions: blksno
Don't laugh....but I'm looking for a M70 chassis, which no one seems to make. Shy a M70? Well, it was my old course rifle, which I last shot at the '99 Nationals. Anschutz trigger, Obermeyer 5R, etc., chambered in 6mm-22-250. Hell'eva rig, but I'd like to have it in a chassis stock/AICS rig to play with next to my two tactical rifles. Other then ordering a Manners/McMillan and having it bedded....
Mirage ULR custom chassis is the only one still made chassis for m70.

Mirage ULR custom chassis is the only one still made chassis for m70.
That's been my consensus as well. Only one I know that still does it.

I have an AWT for a long action
FB_IMG_1610773796146.jpg

And an MDT for a WSM CRF
FB_IMG_1610773789806.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it. Problem is I've got too many tactical rifles in the safe and am not sure I want to spend the additional $$$ putting another one together.

The really really frustrating thing is that Manners stopped making inlets for the M70 and I have no interest in a McMillian. I realize it's not their top skew but I cant envision a world where it costs much overhead to have an M70 program in their CNC file list.
I'd let both of my chassis go if I could get a drop in Manners in T5A to go with my other two M70s and yes...I know I could get a blank and have a gunsmith do the work...but that's a SIGNIFICANT increase in price over having it done by the manufacturer.

6x284a.jpg7m4HAMR.jpg

Order it flat top and have LRI do the inlet/bedding.
I have no interest in that solution.
Chad does amazing work, he built my 6x284, but the cost isn't worth it for me on that specific situation. You're talking nearly 2x the price of the stock.
For a full build, I vouch for LRI every day...but for that specific service, I'm not interested.
I've been in the shop, I've seen what goes in to it and I absolutely understand the reason for the cost. Just not for me.

Reactions: moosemeat
LRI offers a 3d inlet for 375.

It's really the only option. Understand if you don't want to do it, but manners stopped the inlet for multiple reasons. I think most of the molds have been redone. M70s have a differnt tang height and bedded height than 700s. I would think it would either need to be higher in the stock, exposing the tang of have a little work done on the tand area of the stock to raise it.