• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos M70 Sniper for Joker

Re: M70 Sniper for Joker

does anybody know who he is? Also, don't flame me if its Carlos, Im not sure what he looked like as a young marine.

No its not Carlos. His name is LCPL Dalton B. Gunderson. But yea I love this picture. Makes me want my M70 done right now.

The picture was taken in daylight during a company sized patrol.

The special effects you see were added in for effect and to increase sales of catalogs and blacklight posters...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pennethorne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep. Dalton Gunderson. He died a few years back. </div></div>

I think he died in 2000 or 2001. Cant remember for sure and I cant remember what he died from.

It was taken in black and white and has been featured on everything from the cover of Vietnam magazine to any number of popular books. I tried to contact him a couple of years ago via an organizational website that he belonged to, when I saw they had a reunion scheduled that summer. I A nice lady called me back and told me he had passed. A version of this image is the registered trademark of the USMC Scout Sniper Association.

Strick. I don't know. I know quite a few of the 7th Marines that were snipers in RVN but they were a few years after him. I'll have a look over the shelves, because I think the Chandlers probably have a mention about it or stole some stuff out of his garbage in order to put a picture in one of their books.