• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M700 Long Range

KaiserNorton

Sergeant
Minuteman
I was at the local funstore today, and they had 3 of these in stock, a 7mm RM, a 300 WM, and a 30-06. This rifle has the Bell and Carlson stock, and a 26 inch heavy barrel. The stock had kind of a weird feel to it (texture) - sort of like a very stiff version of Styrofoam. Ergs were OK, though. They're looking to get $699 for them and the idea of a heavy '06 has been growing on me all evening. Thoughts on the Springfield as a long range gun? I don't really "need" it, I have four hunting rifles in that caliber already, as well as having a heavy in 223, 260, 308 and 6x47L. Somehow, I think it'd really like some big Amax's .........

The Kaiser

Go for the 06, I have 2 of them for LR shooting and love them more than my girlfriend.

Good brass is everywhere, loves 208 Amax's... does everything a 308 wished it could do and easily has legs past 1000 yards with the right load.

Here is one of my LR 06's

img1.jpg

Do it man, I love the '06! I just had one built late last year and it's scary accurate. Cheap brass gives it another plus...

I got my shipping confirmation, so I should have mine in 30-06 next week. I've used that Bell and Carlson stock on a 40x build and it seemed to fit me well.

Been thinking on doin' an '06 build - have a new M700 LA, a desert camo McM A3-5 with LA & DBM inlet, and Krieger 1-10 or Bartlein 1-11 bbls in sendero contour. And there's a PTG .30-'06 Match reamer out in the tool closet with only one chamber to its credit - why not do it?

Don't have anything heavier than S175MKs on hand, but could maybe come up with a few hundred B185 Juggernaughts from a 'local' dealer if I'm lucky. No 4350 either, but there's plenty of N160 in the loading room. Haven't done any real research on the old '06 for more years than I care to recall, but maybe - just maybe - now's as good a time as any...

What is the twist on the '06, 1:10 or 1:12? Struck out on my Google-Fu.

That's a very compelling price point for a 26" Rem Varmint contour barrel and a halfway decent stock...

I looked at one the other day in 300win.

I would of bought it if you could actually get brass or powder.

Do it, the 30-06 is the most versatile chambering on the planet! And yes, I am a fanboy of the 06..... if I had not of already bought an 03A3 action for my 30-06 build, I'd look HARD at these..... piss I still might..

FWIW...

While I dont buy much from Cabelas because of there pricing, I found a youtude video from them at 2014 shot show and they said they will be stocking the long range model...

And they already have the 30-06 up on there site with a tracking point optic for the low price of 5 grand.

Last edited:
It would kick ass to have a 30-06 in a heavy barrel for the Rem 700...

Last edited:
My local Cabelas had this rifle in 7RM and 300WM today. For the $649 sale price, it seems like an excellent value - too bad Remington didn't see fit to chamber it in 280 Remington as well.

I asked about a 30-06 and the guy behind the desk looked it up and said that Cabelas didn't carry that rifle in 30-06; I can only surmise he looked up the SPS Long Range which is a different rifle.

Same price here.

It was hard not to leave with the 300wm.

If tere was brass or powder available anywhere it would have been mine.

Our store had two bags of Win 300WM brass and a bunch of H1000 and Retumbo...less demand for magnums in KY vs. Texas I suppose.

My local Cabelas had this rifle in 7RM and 300WM today. For the $649 sale price, it seems like an excellent value - too bad Remington didn't see fit to chamber it in 280 Remington as well.

I asked about a 30-06 and the guy behind the desk looked it up and said that Cabelas didn't carry that rifle in 30-06; I can only surmise he looked up the SPS Long Range which is a different rifle.

Same here and price...
SPSLongRange001.jpg

7mm Rem Mag
SPSLongRange002.jpg

Made a trip to the local Cabelas and this followed me home... On sale for 649.00 as well and could not pass it by, asked if they had a 30-06 because they would be selling two today and they did not. I didnt think to ask if they could order one :)

SPSLongRange003.jpg

I lucked out and found 200 Winchester brass. Range report to follow once I have some suitable bullets, thinking 168 Berger Classic Hunting Hybrids... unless I find some 162 A-Max. Until then I have a few 150 grain Game King’s to set the scope in and season the bore.
SPSLongRange004.jpg

Sounds like a great price.
Now I might need to order that 300! Thought they were closer to the $1000 mark, but must not be comparing apples to apples.

I think remington has a $50 or $75 rebate program running right now too.
check their site

From the pics of Niles Coyote's new LR 700, the stock appears to be a long action version of what B&C used to call their BC 1000 stock. I've got a couple of the SA versions of this stock - it's a good one. Sure beats the heck out of the injection molded plastic 'tupperware' stocks they use on the SPS.

Last edited:
Got the new .30-'06 finished & fired. Shot up a few rounds of some old reloads I had put together back in 1991, and was pretty satisfied with the results. Those loads were put up in some old LC67 brass from DCM ammo fired out of my DCM M1, and sure weren't anything special - WLR primers, AA2520 powder, S168MKs - but they shot decent enough at 600yds, going into a 4" group on steel. Can't wait to get back out with some newer ammo loaded in WW commercial brass with Wolf LRM primers, surplus Data 86, & S175MKs.

This is not the Remington 700 Long Range Model, is it?

i picked up the remington 700 long range on sale at cabelas for $649. they had 300 rum, 300 win mag and the 25-06 i purchased. hell of a deal imo when you consider that stock runs about $250. cant wait to drop some whitetails with it!