• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing M700 SPS ,223 Chamber

3rd eye blind

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2006
Boaz, Al
I just got a new M700 SPS Tactical in .223 with the 20" heavy barrel. When I try to chamber a round, it is very hard to close the bolt. I tried my handloads, a friends handloads and Black Hills Match. All were very tight and the bolt was hard to close. Should I send it back or try to polish the chamber with Flitz or another product? Help please!

Re: M700 SPS ,223 Chamber

That isn't due to chamber polish. Better contact Remington and get warranty certificate. You work on it the warranty will void.

Word of advise with the big Green...if you modified anything on the rifle...remove it. I sent my rifle back for warranty work and had narrowed the trigger shoe. Came back COD for $80...no explination and no call...just a bill for a new trigger. If you modified somthing small, they have replacement versions there to test fire your rifle.

Does the bolt close smoothly with no round in it? Did you inspect the rear of the lugs for galling?

I have not modified anything, just added scope base. The bolt does close smoothly with no round in the chamber. No visible obstructions or defects to the chamber or bolt assembly.

Be a good time to punch it out to 223AI!!!! Sounds like it was short chambered...that's why I had to send my rifle back also.....inspect it thouroughly after return fro mm Rem...they didn't clean mine after the reaming and it galled the lugs.