• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M700P 338 Lapua muzzel threads

oldreliable45120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Long Island NY
I'm sure its been posted before but I'm looking to switch the stock muzzel break on my 700P MLR. What i'm loking for is the thread pitch so I can get one accordingly, thanks

Re: M700P 338 Lapua muzzel threads

I believe it's a 5/8-24 thread pitch.

I went with the Badger FTE, love it!

Doesn't the FTE need a short section of barrel turned down behind the threads to accept the collar?

madd0c-I think you are correct. Just had mine done to my 700P 338lm on Friday and it had been turned down.

They also had to 'bore' out the brake to accomodate the 338 rd.

The FTE rally tames down the recoil. I like it. It may not be the best out there, but it works for me.

My smith charged me $45 to do all that work. Few days turn-around time.

Have fun with the 338 cannon!
grin.gif

I believe it depends on when it was made. Mine has a M18x1.5 thread from the factory. Mine is an older gun, best I can put it is a pre-July 2009.

How hard was it to take off the original? Is heat required? I was thinking about getting the PRC compensator from Primary Weapons. I have had great success with all their other products (I sell them on my site)