• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M700P Vs. M700 SS 5R Mil Spec

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
I'm building two more machines, and have narrowed down the search to M700P and M700 SS 5R Mil Spec, both chambered in .300 Win. Mag.

Which pimp stick would you choose and why?

(I hope this message finds you guys, and finds you well, as the server has been dying repeated deaths tonight. Godspeed all).

Re: M700P Vs. M700 SS 5R Mil Spec

I like the 5r rifles most of any production rifle

How long do you plan on shooting the factory barrel? If you plan on running the factory barrel for a while... the 5R is probably the way to go. If you have short term plans of putting new tube on it... save the money and go with the P. Just my .01

I have bore scoped quite a few 5R and std Rem 700 P's. 5R's have waaaaaaaayyyy nicer barrels!

I have been trying to make the same choice on the exact same two rifles in 300 win. The 5r seems to be winning me over. I shot my buddies, i was very impressed at the groups we both got.

I've owned both of these rifles....sold the 700P and kept the 5R. If you dont like the SS consider getting it blackened with teflon or robar.