• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M77/22 Trainer build (just starting)

Ianski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Parker, CO
Hey everyone!!

Just came by a 77/22 in great condition for a steal so i figured i'd use it as my guinea pig!

The plan:
so far from what I've read and the first hand experience of a buddy, i think I'm going to go with an 18" threaded Lilja Barrel.

Still trying to figure out the stock options. I like the Boyde's tacticool, but i haven't been able to find one for a 77/22. I'd even be happy with some kind of hogue stock, just don't want one of those huge laminated thumb-hole Varmint style stocks, anyways, I'll be posting pics as things come together!

Re: M77/22 Trainer build (just starting)

Sounds like its off to a good start. Those actions seem very well build almost overbuilt but I guess thats good in some ways. Eventually I want to get around to a 22 trainer but thats a ways down the list. Good luck on the build and if you dont mind my asking what did the action set you back.

I was given an offer i couldn't refuse...

Nah, it was a killer deal though i think it was about $225 i think.
So I'm Figuring about
$300 ish for the lilja
Looking at getting 1-piece pic base -$65
stock (what ever tacticoolish stock i can find for a 77)
Havent had any luck finding the right stock yet
smirk.gif

I have a 77/22 target grey model. Nice gun. First thing I would do with mine would be an aftermarket trigger.
That being said, for tacticoolness, get a savage MK2 TR. I love my savage and dont shoot the Ruger much anymore.