• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M830r LRF 1535nm

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2022
U.S
Hi Guys,

Anyone have experience to share regarding the M830r LRF 1535nm from Steiner? Besides cost, are there any reasons not to buy them?

Cheers

Good point, I'm also considering the trade off of the inclinometer in the PLRF25C, I'm closely considering that as an alternative - but I'm still leaning Steiner for more overall utility. Thanks for the feedback..

How does the Steiner have more utility than Vectronic that has a compass and inclinometer?

Get some lightly used Vector IV’s or 21’s and never look back.

Comping against the PLRF25C for new pricing; IMHO the binocular vs monocular, increased magnification offer more utility and I like the ranging reticle in the Steiner.. There's no doubt a set of 21s are better but price and availability are my concern. If you have a place to source the 21 new please DM.

How does servicing (repair if needed) compare between the two?

Both need to back to the factory in Europe for repair. At least the Vectors have a long track record with solid service in both the Army and Marine Corps and 10+ NATO countries. Of all the units I've sold, I replaced one due to a dim display and had one go back to Switzerland for repair after it was run over by a Jeep. Still worked, but lost a seal and eventually fogged up in the the swamps of LA. I still have a few 21's and IV's left, but when they are gone, it's back to retail, which for a 23 is currently $24K 😲

I had a set. They were un-real in what they could range! I had them at the outer banks, NC and ranged a fishing vessel over 5 miles offshore. The return was over 9000yds. Mine also had the bluetooth adapter for the Kestrel. It was a little slow but it worked consistently. I occasionally wish I still had them but they were just way overkill for me. Ended up trading them for a couple thermal items. Oh, I also didnt pay near 10K$ for them. Theyre not worth that money IMO. But money may be less important to others.

Reactions: BurtG
Jumper.. just to confirm, are you talking Steiners or Vectronix? I’m assuming Steiner but would like clarity. Thanks

The 21's will range to 13K yards. They have some 15 functions, like distance and azimuth between two points, height difference between two points, range and height, horizontal range and more. The main driving point is beam size, on the V21's the beam is .3x.7 mil, the Steiner is like the Vector
IV, 2x2 mil

Reactions: BurtG
I can recommend the Steiner M830r 1535nm. The optical performance is just amazing. The laser is quick and work in hard weather conditions too.