• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M830R LRF alignment?

Pbjunkiee

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone else with a pair, is the illuminated circle off center from the etched reticle like this?

If so I'm guessing the circle is the aim point for the lrf? Just used to my plrf being dead on.

Attachments

• 20210713_192119.jpg
    20210713_192119.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 30
Also, when i adjust the diopter to focus the reticle (+1 as usual for me) the circle is way out of focus, i have to adjust to +4 to get it in focus.

I have the new one, the M1050r LRF. The reticle has been moved to the left eyepiece and is no longer centered. My LRF indicator is just in the middle by itself.

So I'm afraid I have no feedback on yours other than to say I would contact Steiner of the matter and get their feedback on it. If that is a new issue it may have been jarred or moved in some manner. But its worth them taking a look at it.

This is what the new reticle looks like.

I have the new one, the M1050r LRF. The reticle has been moved to the left eyepiece and is no longer centered. My LRF indicator is just in the middle by itself.

So I'm afraid I have no feedback on yours other than to say I would contact Steiner of the matter and get their feedback on it. If that is a new issue it may have been jarred or moved in some manner. But its worth them taking a look at it.

This is what the new reticle looks like.

That sounds like it would be nice, one in each eye.

I saw a video on yt and it looked like the indicator and reticle were lined up perfect.

That sounds like it would be nice, one in each eye.

I saw a video on yt and it looked like the indicator and reticle were lined up perfect.

Yeh, I've seen that before too. I think yours is buggy.

That M Series can take a hell of a beating with the internal design they use. But I could see something getting hit hard enough to move that aim point but not break it.

I've dealt with their CS once on my HX 15-56 binos, and they were great. I would definitely bounce that off them.

I have the 1535nm M830 LRFs, I have put them through some pretty awful conditions and still hit 8700 yards on a water tower the other day. I would reccomend sending them back to Steiner and they will polish the glass and clean them after fixing whatever is wrong. You may have just gotten a bad set.

The manual should mention that the laser centering can be off of center depending how the binos are fitted to the eye...

Nice thing about Steiner...their warranty is top notch and you can literally send it in for whatever reason...I think right now they are 4-5 weeks behind...

The manual should mention that the laser centering can be off of center depending how the binos are fitted to the eye...

Nice thing about Steiner...their warranty is top notch and you can literally send it in for whatever reason...I think right now they are 4-5 weeks behind...
Yeah, that is weird the put the laser and aiming reticle on opposite lenses.
I still have my PLRF but sucks i had the m830r for a single day before having to send it back.

Mine is perfect...I align at the 67 marker though...not sure where your eye lines up at...either way Steiner will take care of you...they have never dropped the ball for me on that front.

I just got a response from steiner after a month....

"Good morning,

The repair technician looked at them. Everything appears to be within spec. It is off but the circle is what you put on target but with the tolerances it is within limits"

Do we have a steiner rep in here?