• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos M98 Mauser

roadking0678

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2008
1908 Brazillian Mauser 98 Action
Matte Blue finish by Bullard's Gunsmithing
Barrel - 26" Douglas Match Grade Chrome Moly, #7 Contour, 1-10 twist, .308 Caliber, 11 degree crown recessed .090"
Barrel Work - Mark Skaggs, Skaggs Gunsmithing
Bolt Handle - Badger Ordnance Bolt Knob, Bolt handle work - KingJoey
EGW one piece picatinny scope base 0 MOA
Scope Rings - Burris Xtreme Low Rings
Trigger - Bold Optima trigger with safety
Commercial bolt shroud (no safety), commercial hinged trigger guard
Stock - Bell & Carlson tactical/varmint stock with bedding block. Opened up the barrel channel for the heavy barrel (full length free float), bedded action for perfect fit, applied texture to grip and forend, painted OD green, inleted stock for trigger safety, installed M1A adjustable cheek piece.

Re: M98 Mauser

Nice, I have a M98 that was rusted and just all around ugly. I did about the same thing with it, but in 243. It shoots almost as good as my 6.5x47. The M98 project cost me around $500, my 6.5x47 $2500.
The only thing I don't care for is the grip on the B&C stock. I wish there were more tactical stock choices for the M98.

Re: M98 Mauser

yeah if b&c would just make the A3 style medalist stock for M98's i'd be set! But since they didnt had to go with the A1...