• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mac Bros or???

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Hey Guys I could sure use a little help.
I have a Remington 700P that I think I want to replace. I have added an aftermarket trigger and put it in a chassis that takes AICS mags.
Being a poors I was drawn to the Mac Bros actions. Figured one of their actions, a Remage barrel in 6BR, steal the above parts off my 700 and I'm GTG. Then I stumble on something....
DBM VS BDL .... now am I correct to assume the chassis that I have should accept a BDL action? Is one action preferred vs the other for a caliber like 6br?
Need a little help here. Sure I could rebarrel my 700P and save some coin. However I prefer to just put it back in its factory stock (and trigger) as it is a nice shooting rifle. Just looking for a combo that will easily out shoot it. (It shoots about .9"s @ 200Y)
Thanks Guys

Nothing poor about the Mack Bros stuff! It’s awesome for the money. DBM will require a magazine and BDL is for factory bottom metal for hunting style rifles.

Nothing poor about the Mack Bros stuff! It’s awesome for the money. DBM will require a magazine and BDL is for factory bottom metal for hunting style rifles.
Will the BDL work with the MDT Chassis? I assume yes because my 700P is a "BDL" internal mag rifle.

Yes, just as a factory Rem 700 would. My understanding is the difference is the way the receiver is cut on the bottom to accomodate AICS magazines.