• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mack bros suppressors

buckskin52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
western PA
I have googled them and have not seen anything more recent than 2013. Are there many out there yet? In stock? Anybody have any reviews or links to reviews. Looking for a good 556 can for AR's. Brake attach and does not degrade accuracy.
Thanks

Call GAP in Kansas city, I think they had a few a while back. They seemed to be impressed and may have further feedback. They may weigh in here also as they are on this site. I have not been able to get my hands on one to test drive.

I have two of them, a .308 Varminter and one for a 22LR and I have one on order, a quick detatch that is rated for magnum calibers. A couple of my buddies have the quick detatch cans already and are really impressed with them. I am very happy with mine, they seem to be well built and light. I can't say for sure that my group size has shrunk any. I will say on the .308 can, my POI does change when switching back and forth, it doesn't change on the 22LR can. As far as noise reduction I haven't been around many others to compare it to.

Last edited:
I just got my stamp back on my Varmiter its nice and quite as well as light. The sound is great, shooting sub MOA groups with it. Almost no shift if any at all.

shot a varminter 2.0 about a month ago it was on a sako 223. I shot a .5 group with it if I remember correctly. (was sighting it in for a friend) I liked it good sound suppression and I thought good accuracy. If I had been in the market for a 223 can I would have definitely considered that one.

The stamp for my MB762L came through in May. The can is well built and I like the QD system, it's very quick and secure. So far I've shot it on four different rifles ranging from a couple of ARs in 6.5 and 6.8 and an M1A and 308 bolt. I've not tested for POI shift yet and may not, now that I have I don't see why I wouldn't shoot with it. I should have one of their Echo rimfire cans soon.

The stamp for my MB762L came through in May. The can is well built and I like the QD system, it's very quick and secure. So far I've shot it on four different rifles ranging from a couple of ARs in 6.5 and 6.8 and an M1A and 308 bolt. I've not tested for POI shift yet and may not, now that I have I don't see why I wouldn't shoot with it. I should have one of their Echo rimfire cans soon.
Post detailed pictures if you can, thanks.

POI has many factors. 1 being the quality of your thread job and how concentric it is to the bore of the rifle.
POI would not be my greatest concern..... It would be shot to shot consistency, meaning the first shot through last shot goes all in one hole from the day you buy the can.
No cold bore shift.... no open groups requiring the can to settle in.
The only POI I would be concerned about is that its is repeatable every time you put the can on.

I have direct thread Varminter 2.0's in both .223 & .308. I've only used the .223 on a R700 5R and it is very accurate (an honest 1 moa gun out to 500 with my 69gr SMK reloads). POI changes drastically with and without the can, but it has proved to be very repeatable. I use the .308 can on a couple 300 BLK's and my AIAE MkIII in 7.62mm. I'm pleased with the NR, but I don't believe it's as quite as my buddy's Elite Iron Bravo can. Though it's nearly half the weight. In a few more months I'll have a TBAC 30P-1 to compare it to, but I fully expect it to live on the AIAE and then use the Varminter on my 300 BLKs.

I would have expected more feedback from a can that had so much positive response from an initial release and design. Most of what I am getting is pre Mack bros going it alone from sd silencers, except for a few of the mag cans. Anyone else have any feedback?

I have .30 Varminter 2.0. I'm very pleased with it. Sounds excellent in terms of suppression as well as tone. I like the build quality. I would purchase again. Also have their Lima .22 can. Very happy with that so far. George at Gap thinks highly of them too. Maybe contact him. Good luck

I would have expected more feedback from a can that had so much positive response from an initial release and design. Most of what I am getting is pre Mack bros going it alone from sd silencers, except for a few of the mag cans. Anyone else have any feedback?

Give it more time, it takes time for them to get into users hands with the long delays for NFA items. Mine is from the first main production run and I've only had the stamp for a couple of months.

I have 33 cans and my two Macks are as good as any others I have.
I am also super happy with my AWCs which I have 10+ of.

Good luck