• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Made a big parts order for my .308 build

NoFail

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
S.F. Bay Area
Well I just ordered the JP Super Match in 16" and they were available now. A big reason I went JP is because their enhanced bolt comes with it and of course it is matched to the barrel, for me that is a huge plus but you do pay for it. Yeah, the 16" barrel available, but the bolt has a 4 week lead time. 4 weeks is relatively easy though. I ordered the JP Low Mass Carrier to go with it too, fucken $259 for that. Okay, okay I got one of their gas blocks too and a gas tube. My bill with shipping will be over a grand, a FUCKING GRAND!!!! That's not including the JP-EZ trigger I already got from them at least they include their selector switch assembly with it. When I first started to make a plan for this I imagined I would have a cluster fuck of different parts in this thing, good parts, but from all over the map. Then I realized that, well, the foot bone is connected to the leg bone, the leg bone is connected to the knee bone, etc. So I decided all those bones would have the same D.N.A.
Might as well deal with the same customer service as much as possible, might be a plus for if/when shit goes wrong. Carol, she seems like a nice gal and she was very easy to talk with.

So there it is, all my parts ordered. My other parts are JD Machine Tech matched upper & lower and their 14" hand guard to go with it. Magpul UBR, MIAD Grip & AFG all in FDE. All that stuff I got at a gun show and I got discounts and no tax on any of it except the receivers. I have the Raddlock magazine release button and shipping to me now is Slash's CAR10-HX buffer and spring & the Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release (EBRv2/308). Oh and I have the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 charge handle & I ordered the rest of my lower parts kit piece meal from DPMS, it's real cheap when you order lower parts piece by piece but the custom parts I got like the Raddlock and EBR are fkg expensive. This is an expensive build and I went crazy with it and JP is expensive but I know their stuff is good so it's worth it. It has dug into my scope funds so I am going to have to save longer for that, oh well.

Re: Made a big parts order for my .308 build

Hi from a new guy that feels your pain!
I just ordered all of my parts for a similar build and am watching the tracking numbers wanting to assemble the rifle this weekend.

Jeff

JP makes good stuff, no doubt about it. Can't wait to see some pictures of the final product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP makes good stuff, no doubt about it. Can't wait to see some pictures of the final product. </div></div>

Hahaha, yeah me too
smile.gif

That JD Machine upper receiver, the version i got, on the ejection port side is flush no deflector sticking out, I liked the look of it, can't wait for assembly finished.

I called jp just now cause 20" barrels finally came available... but i was told the bolts were 6 weeks out
frown.gif
oh well... I didn't plan to take it out for a month anyway, what's another 2 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZIROC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called jp just now cause 20" barrels finally came available... but i was told the bolts were 6 weeks out
frown.gif
oh well... I didn't plan to take it out for a month anyway, what's another 2 weeks. </div></div>

Oh darn!! I was was told 4 weeks when I ordered on Tuesday. Who did you talk too? Carol was a lady who took my order.

http://www.jdmachinetech.com/gallery/762CompUpper.jpg

^ that's a link to the upper receiver from JD Machine Tech.

The 1st time I saw this pic some pre jiz started coming out so I put it on my maybe list. Then I went to a gun show in San Francisco, gun show in S.F. LOL yes they do have them there, and JD was there so then after seeing an assembled AR of theirs I jizzed immensely and placed an order. Yes it kind happened that way LOL!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZIROC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called jp just now cause 20" barrels finally came available... but i was told the bolts were 6 weeks out
frown.gif
oh well... I didn't plan to take it out for a month anyway, what's another 2 weeks. </div></div>

Oh darn!! I was was told 4 weeks when I ordered on Tuesday. Who did you talk too? Carol was a lady who took my order. </div></div>

I was talking to someone named Mel. I guess i can HOPE for 4 weeks, but ill plam on 6, and if i dont hear anything by April 1st (appropriate day right??) ill start making calls.

Got a brand new Jdm lower ina trade and it looks good. Was considering buying one of their uppers to match...I've honestly never heard of them until I received it but I'm not a big ar person. Have you owned them before? I'm looking forward to finishing mine and your parts list has the wheels in my head turning...thanks for posting up the details

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCREAMINREELS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a brand new Jdm lower ina trade and it looks good. Was considering buying one of their uppers to match...I've honestly never heard of them until I received it but I'm not a big ar person. Have you owned them before? I'm looking forward to finishing mine and your parts list has the wheels in my head turning...thanks for posting up the details </div></div>

oh OK Scream, yeah well this is my 1st AR. I have been wanting one for a long time now. Why? Because they work and I think they are FUCKING SEXY!!! I finally got funds to do something so here I am. But just buying a assembled model didn't appeal to me so much after considering what I wanted and shopping around a lot. Just buy one and go shoot it. No, not good enough. I wanted to know everything I can about my new weapon, know it intimately and become an expert in it, if possible (plus I wanted to have much fun). I believe there is only one way to do that short of being some smart guy who eats, drinks & sleeps with the things for a living. So I decided to research the hell out of it and learn what the best components are for a accurate as fuck build. Well I don't know who has THE best shit out their, I think there are many equals though. So I ended up going with an outfit that is experienced and well known, except JDM. They shipped my lower to the FFL without the upper. They say it is on back order now for a few weeks. Now how can it be a matched set in this case? So last night I go to their web site and look over their description again and on there it sais "Engraved Matched Set". I didn't catch that before anywhere. ENGRAVED Matched Set? OMFG!!!
I knew I should have gone MATEN.....

Oh well darn it, Scream, look it will probably be OK. As long as they fit tight I will be happy. It should be OK but i want it to be perfect fit and tight. I guess it should be but it won't be a true matched set, well the engraving will be though, LOL!!!!

P.S. my lower serial # is 007xx, so it's not like they are selling like gangbusters. But yes you are right the lower does look good. The anodizing looks very nice and even and quality. No burrs in any holes or anything. I am quite impressed with the finish of it so if the upper fits nice with it then I will be very happy. I expect to be happy dammit!!! I fitted it up to my brother in law's SR25 upper and the rear pin and front pivot pin holes actually matched up very nice so I guess this is a good sign. Oh and I really like their hand guard too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with using the miad i highly recommend buying one of these as well otherwise there isnt a good place for the rear take down spring to sit.

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG065/43

Nathan </div></div>

Oh wow this is the 1st I've heard of this, thanks Skoug!!
Hmm I fitted my miad up with the JDM lower and it snugged up really nice with no gap like in many of the pictures I see there is some gap in the grip right up there at top of grip. I expected to see the ugly gap in mine just like there is a lot even with the MATEN which I've seen hundreds of pics of, but no gaps with this JDM. I'll look at mine much closer again see if I have this spring "perch" problem, thanks a mil.

Nathan i had a look see and i think I know what you are saying now. There is a void in the top of the miad right where the spring for the pivot pin detent need to sit down onto. Fortunately the JDM lower provides the other option of going in from the butt where the stock meshes with. there are some 4/40 threads in there too for a set screw to hold the spring tension and block the spring whenever the stock is removed, just have to cut 1/8" from spring to compensate for the set screw. I will go with this option.