• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Made a zero stop for my Super Sniper

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
I don't know if it's been done before, but I used a sliver of 1" copper pipe to make a zero stop for my SS scope. It's a little big as is, so I cut a 3/8" wide piece out of the ring and bent it closed a little more and now you can see the reference marks on the scope's elevation turret. . Mine needed to be about a .190 long piece of tubing and that still gives me about 4 min to go down in case my load changes or something.

Re: Made a zero stop for my Super Sniper

I have a SS10x. Can you post a pic, please? I would like to see how this is done. Thanks.

sszerostop.jpg

PVC is too thick. I'll just paint the copper black.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PVC is too thick. I'll just paint the copper black. </div></div>

NO!!!!!

Paint sux.

Betcha that bottle of cold blue will work just fine. Aluminum Black will also color a surprising number of other metals.

I just hate the idea of a soft layer of easily-scratched paint on a nice scope, especially after you feather down those edges and finish making the z-stop pritty.

Nice do-at-home!

Using a colored marker to fill in the line for zero stop, I must look at the turret.

What a great idea. I actually like the contrast of copper against the black. In time, the copper will turn darker, unless it were coated with something clear.
myerfire

Maybe I'll finish cleaning up the edges and polish it up for a little Bling!!! The natural copper color would be good for urban camo in case I get pinned down at Lowe's or a hardware store
laugh.gif
. Cold blue doesn't work ... I tried it. I would imagine this should work for other scopes as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sszerostop.jpg
</div></div>

Very cool. Never thought of that when I had my Super Sniper.