• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Made in Germany

Re: Made in Germany

I think this system has been out for some time, and I'm not sure but I believe I saw a post here on the hide some time back about some of our SF guys getting a chance to use one. I think the Dutch Komandos were trying them out. If I recall, it was looked at my the U.S.N. Seals but was dropped due to it's extreme cost.

The DSR no1 has been discussed before. It's around for more than a few years now.

The price is enormous for a platform that isn't extremely accurate and you need a lorry to move it around.

There are a few of them for sale in the netherlands but they're only for windowdressing the gunstore and impossible to get rid of.

It's mostly used by German SWAT teams.

I think you missed the 1 in front of the 4 and than it still is a bargain price!

They go for around € 16K in the Netherlands so in US that is times 1,5 thats $ 24k!! Still interested?

A few of us in the U.K. are lucky enough to know someone who owns one & get to shoot it..........but at over £10,000 (near $20,000) it's not that often..

It is great if all you ever do is shoot from prone.

Once you try swing it the balance is off.

It was also reported in testing it was easy to knock brass back into the ejection port.

@jojunior:
better look at the producers homepage:
DSR-Precision GmbH
@ERdept:
it is in english too...

AMP - where I got my DSR-1 in .338LM - is as good as it can be out of business...

@BlueVFRank:
since when is a 0,2 MOA of-the-shelf not extremely accurate...?
smirk.gif

@Ramius:
well it works great for me in CQ-Boar-B...
cool.gif
:
Simulated Boar Battue
That was filmed after 1 hour shooting - no slings allowed - so my arms are getting weak and I am not as fast as in the beginning - started to take my head away for reloading...
frown.gif

Where the last rounds anyway... Every shot was a lethal hit... from small to medium size boar at 30-40m...

Simulated Training Boar
medium boar at 30m always from right, on call... every shot a lethal hit...

I stand corrected, my info is from reviews only.

Don't think its fair to compair it to other "of the shelf" rifles do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueVFRank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't think its fair to compair it to other "of the shelf" rifles do.</div></div>
Agreed - would be like a 'of-the-shelf' Porsche...

You can compare it to an of the shelf nissan GTR haha But now we're going off track.

Still great rifle.

Has anyone heard anything about the DSR look a like from Desert Arms recently? They where of to a good start

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AMP - where I got my DSR-1 in .338LM - is as good as it can be out of business...

</div></div>

very lucky dude.

Hi.
About the DSR-1 it's a extremely precise rifle, as it should be as it is based on the ERMA SR 100 witch is also a extremely precise rifle.
It has very good mounting options fo NV devices.
And for those of complaining about the weight of the rifle, the DSR 1 in 308 win with a 26 barrel weighs 5,9 kg unloaded without scope, thats certainly less than a AI AW in 308 with 26 inch barrel and i haven't heard many people complain about the weight of a AW but maybe that's different lol.
The new DSR 50 is a heavy mother though at 10,3 kg empty and unscoped.
Looking at the prices in the US someone really makes a big profit when selling the DSR 1, over here it's just a little bit more expensive than a AW with folding stock.

For those interested in the Keppeler you can read a bit about it here:
www.freewebs.com/precisionrifle/featuredrifle.htm
In the archive you can also find a rewiev of the UA TPG-1

there were two DSR-1s at Rifles Only, here is James with his after whacking a hog behind Jacob's house.
FLG_8216.jpg

FLG_8215.jpg

As well, we used one during the 2nd Sniper's Hide Cup as a battlefield pick up event.

I personally don't get it, it's super heavy and nothing I saw to write home about, but I suppose people like them.

Personally, if someone was interested in a DSR-1 I would recommend they go with the Stealth Recon as listed above.

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/index.html

we shot the Stealth Recon and it was nice, 10X lighter than the DSR, and just as accurate if you ask me.

Excuse me Lowlight no meaning to bash you, but i can't see how that rifle is super heavy it's certainly lighter than a AI AW,weighing in at 5,9 kg ( a bit over 13lbs) empty without scope i can't really see how you can use that as a argument against that rifle. And the Stealth Recon you mention weighs 11,6 LBS really can't see the big difference but maybe it's just me.

Gotta love Bullpups. Ya a DSR1 with a price tag of about $13,000.00USD shipped is def hard to move. I have a few spots left on my mid Nov shipment for the SRS.Let me know

they have dsr-1 in canada ready to ship. contact them and ask where they've sold to (importer in the us) and their experience with them, and bring one in.

One of the German rifle mags did a test on the rifle. The accuracy was not all that impressive. Perhaps other people obtained better results ?

With the exchange rate, you better put on your hardhat.

I have a price list from January 1 2008

The rifle in .308, is listed at 6.109,24 € - without VAT.

I realize you have some additional fees:

bipod
freight
U.S. importation fees
brokerage fees
insurance

Has the rifle now become a 20,000 USD rifle, in just two short years ?

here are some pics of the keppeler i saw upfront in UK. I find it aesthetically pleasing, the barrel is light compared to what im used to but it has to pass through the bipod attachment. I inquired with the company on calibers available on request but no answer so far.
401509873.jpg

401509870.jpg

anyone used one or disassembled one? i'de like further feedback before taking the plunge at 338 version

I had the pleasure to use it.

I work with a gunshop and we got the sample that was displayed at IWA. We had to sight in some guns and decided to take the Keppeler with us.
We didn't clean the bore and just loaded up some ammo. The brass was dinged up bad from an automatic rifle and we used four different bullet / powder combinations on that target.
175gr SMK - N540 (middle, shot by me)
175gr SMK - N140 (right, shot by my colleague)
168gr SMK - N540 (left, shot by me)
168gr SMK - N140 (top, shot by me)

The scope is only a Schmidt & Bender 3-12x56 PMII, the Range was 100m

I'm sure with some experimenting and a scope with higher magnification the rifle can do better.

img20120408204854.jpg

img20120408220205.jpg

The bipod is really stable, the monopod can be engaged fast by pressing the knob.
If you turn the knob you can fine adjust it. It clicks like scope turrets.
The bolt handle can be turned into a dedicated slot for a more comfortable carry. The lenght of pull can be adjusted. The safety engages with a positive feedback, disengaging it is silent. Ambidextrous QD sling mounts.

Disassembly: Remove the butstock, remove the plastic cover, Remove the bolt. You don't need tools for that.

One of the best rifle I have ever seen.

Edit: You can basically order any caliber you want. I either would get 338 Lapua or 7mm WSM. By the way: As far as I know Keppeler uses modified Voere magazines. If your caliber is too exotic there only might be the single shot version available to you.

I have had my DSR-1 for about 2 years now. It has a S&B PMII on it and it shoots extremely well. Yes it is heavy, but that's the price you pay for a big scope and a steel bipod with enormous travel. Remove the scope, mounts, bipod and the two very well made mags and it weighs only slightly more than the barrel. It's lighter than the AI and nearly 1 foot shorter. It's ergonomics are fantastic. It can be deployed very, very quickly, tailored exactly to the shooter/observer who can then spend long periods behind it with minimal fatigue.

This target was shot at 900m. Shots 1, 2 and 3 fell within a 10mm C2C spread, 4 and 5 went a bit wider and number 6 wider still when the wind stepped up. It will be difficult for me to reproduce this group, let alone get it to the magic ten group on this range. 900m requires us to shoot over two ridges and the wind is very hard to read. Still it should indicate the rifle's accuracy.

The link to the video is more about the rifle's outstandingly accurate manufacture than marksmanship. Moving the scope one notch on the rail then re-zeroing with one shot at that range is amazing in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is0qpsWXZ5k

PS I'll get that fly one day.

Attachments

• 900mAtPGNov2011.jpg
    900mAtPGNov2011.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 39
I had the pleasure to use it.

I work with a gunshop and we got the sample that was displayed at IWA. We had to sight in some guns and decided to take the Keppeler with us.
We didn't clean the bore and just loaded up some ammo. The brass was dinged up bad from an automatic rifle and we used four different bullet / powder combinations on that target.
175gr SMK - N540 (middle, shot by me)
175gr SMK - N140 (right, shot by my colleague)
168gr SMK - N540 (left, shot by me)
168gr SMK - N140 (top, shot by me)

The scope is only a Schmidt & Bender 3-12x56 PMII, the Range was 100m

I'm sure with some experimenting and a scope with higher magnification the rifle can do better.

img20120408204854.jpg

img20120408220205.jpg

The bipod is really stable, the monopod can be engaged fast by pressing the knob.
If you turn the knob you can fine adjust it. It clicks like scope turrets.
The bolt handle can be turned into a dedicated slot for a more comfortable carry. The lenght of pull can be adjusted. The safety engages with a positive feedback, disengaging it is silent. Ambidextrous QD sling mounts.

Disassembly: Remove the butstock, remove the plastic cover, Remove the bolt. You don't need tools for that.

One of the best rifle I have ever seen.

Edit: You can basically order any caliber you want. I either would get 338 Lapua or 7mm WSM. By the way: As far as I know Keppeler uses modified Voere magazines. If your caliber is too exotic there only might be the single shot version available to you.

Do you know if you can get that bipod on its own? I love the design it seems like they made an adapter for the legs of the commander arms bipod... would fit my rail perfectly over the barrel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Geez, what's with all the necroposts lately?

If you want an overbarrel bipod like that for a rail mount, look at RND Precision's different options.

Already did so...but not much interest from them to send to europe. They didnt even reply ro the mail..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk