• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Made it happen last night. 2 for 2 for 2

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
I’ve been chasing whitetails with a bow for the past couple weekends and have had countless opportunities on different whitetails but most have been smaller does, large does with small fawns and 1 buck. Largest 2 point I’ve ever seen, pretty unique deer actually. 7-8” single tines on either side.

well shotgun season opened up for me on Monday and was able to sneak out of work early on Wednesday. My area only has shotgun season for 1 week, bow for 3 months and no rifle season, so pressure’s normally on if I haven’t made it happen yet with a bow! I was able to sit for about 2 hours.

the walk into my stand is just shy of a 900 yards, so I left my stand 30 mins before dark in order to check the 4 pastures I have too walk by in order to get back to my vehicle. At the mouth of the first pasture there’s a hill that gives me a look over 3 of the pastures. I find a huge doe feeding at 500 yards and the hunt begins. I am able to sneak through the swamp and grass within 167 yards, hold over ever so slightly and touch of a shot from my 220 slug gun and she drops!

EB636692-9493-4C9D-BE70-E1BF1EF54F68.jpeg

The next day I was able to sneak away from work early again. Once I arrived to the property I was a little tired from the hard week and long days in the stand from the weekend so figured I’d just check my camera and come back Saturday morning! Well I quietly walk in and get back to the top of the hill about to enter the bush where my stand and camera are located and I turn back to scan the 3 pasture once more before I head in. I start glassing straight back where I saw the doe last night and slowly worked my way to my left when I notice in the tall grass a nice rack sticking just above the grass line. I grab my range finder and get a reading of 202 yards. With utter disbelief I pull my Bino’s back up to verify as I couldn’t see body, head or anything other then rack. Sure enough it’s a buck and looks to be decent too. I lift my gun, steady my breath as It’s going to have to be a free hand shot and he takes 2 steps just enough to see neck, and head. I steady my breath and boom.. he drops!

i quickly make pace towards him so I don’t lose him in the tall grass. I make it about 150 and start walking slowly up and down trying to stumble across him. I spook a large doe off to the left of my current position and decide to head where she bounced from assuming he was hot on her trail. About 20 yards from where I later find my buck I come across the odour of a hard rutting buck which leads me right too a monster bodied deer! So in the end, 2 days, 2 shots, 2 deer!

I had shot my previous largest deer a few years back, and in disbelief on his size we weighed him on a industrial food scale and he was a whopping 320.4 lbs, with a neck of 33” around and this buck unable to access that same scale had a neck of 36.25”!

E3E33220-388C-4D1F-BED7-6B0A829B74CF.jpeg
2F129379-D04A-4737-A37E-C4253186772F.jpeg
7B0C8D21-2DB8-4972-8440-1EF119ED1186.jpeg
3B4106F5-4BCE-4D33-8082-D80A087CB13E.jpeg
C4882981-79FA-4A09-ABA0-5F25A15C7F8B.jpeg