• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Made my own zero stop for Mark 4 (M1)

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
CA
Well, yesterday I was able to make a zero stop for my Mark 4 scope with M1 turrets. Actually pretty easy if you have the right tools and it works great.

How to:

1. Once rifle is zeroed, use calipers to measure the distance from the top of the turret to the bottom of the scope.
2. Turn turret down all the way until it stops then measure again.
3. Subtract the bottomed out measurement from the zero measurement and that is the thickness of the shim you need.
*NOTE one turn of the turret = .020"
- Return your optic to your zero.
- Remove your elevation turret.
- Measure the outside diameter of the turret.
- Measure the inside diameter of the turret.

Useing a material of your choice, turn it down on a laith to match the outside diameter of your turret.

Then drill out the material with a 3/4 inch drill bit. This will still be too small.

Finish hogging out the inside of your material with the appropriate tool to match the inside diameter of your turret + .003 to allow for a loose fit.

Then cut off to the appropriate size for your zero stop.

*Note I would throw in a .030" shim and repeat steps 1-3 before cutting your shim because the bottom of your turret cap isn't what stops the down travel.

CLEAR AS MUD? hope this helps and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Re: Made my own zero stop for Mark 4 (M1)

Yep...Pictures would be a huge help here....Please.

Wayne

few years back there was a guy doing Laser cut poly or mylar rings of different Mic. thickness for Leu. & similar Turret design for Zero-stop . Don't know if he is still around or selling them . He was selling bagged sets of ring spacers @ good price .
I bought a crap pile of them, as I was running 4 mk4's . Disk spacers work very good & easy simple to use .

It sounds like you basically made a "ring" that is equivalent in size to the turret that you set onto the turret base before you put the turret cap back on.

Very clever idea! Some pictures would definitely be great.

That is exactly what I did... I will see what I can do for a few pictures. I only Wish I had a CNC, then I could pump these things out like crazy.

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I like the idea of a little lite so your not hitting it everytime from the link.