• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Made the 1000 yard club with a 243

jamiebob

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2009
alberta canada
So I made the club with a 243win shooting 105 vld over 47.2 gr retumbo with win primers with a folcon 4-14-44 scope. I took me 27 moa to make it out there. There was next to no wind but I still need 3 moa to the left to hit the target is this do to spin drift?
I used ballistics fte to figure out my fps. It's shooting 3080fps. Out of 20 shots 11 hit and I hit the target on my 4th once I know what the gun shooting.

Feels great. I see one more nightforce scope coming in the near future for this gun too. Shots at 100 / 1000

Re: Made the 1000 yard club with a 243

243 is a great lr rifle with bullets like those , sounds like your on the right track

whose keyholed rounds on the 1k whatever it is you were using as a target?

Rem 700 with a custom barrel not sure what make. but it is a 1-9 twist. The target was just a old tv.

The bullet may have been into an upper level wind that you couldn't see or, your scope is a little cocked to the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamiebob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I made the club with a 243win shooting 105 vld over 47.2 gr retumbo with win primers with a folcon 4-14-44 scope. I took me 27 moa to make it out there. There was next to no wind but I still need 3 moa to the left to hit the target is this do to spin drift?
I used ballistics fte to figure out my fps. It's shooting 3080fps. Out of 20 shots 11 hit and I hit the target on my 4th once I know what the gun shooting.

Feels great. I see one more nightforce scope coming in the near future for this gun too. Shots at 100 / 1000

</div></div>

Thats awesome! I just 'joined the 1000 yard club' a few weeks ago. It feels good, kinda motivates you to step it up and do better. That 243 sounds like a nice set up.